Options
124»

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2018 at 9:09PM
    Options
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Well, I can't think of any rational reason to 'catch people out'. YB's clear intention is to attract & keep (at least for a while) new custom(ers) with switching DDs & SOs and cash etc., spin off CC business & raise their profile.
    On the other hand I do believe their switching Ts&Cs were badly written and could confuse.. shown by several debates in the main thread.

So - middle ground?

A good reason would be to avoid paying out all of the switching bonuses. Some people would be disgruntled and move on, but I'm sure a proportion would moan, but remain.

They wanted customers to move the bank account that they use for the majority of their day to day banking, rather than those of us who have multiple accounts and switch them around to seek the incentives. Those who did switch their "main account" would not fall foul of the terms and conditions, while those who didn't could well do, and Clydesdale didn't particularly want their custom anyway.
  • eidman
    eidman Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - some were helpful, & some, well, yes as predicted, despite me having admitted I hadn't read the t&c's correctly, pointed out what I had already admitted!

As mentioned I assumed the terms started at opening of account, not after transfer of account....ah well, a customer lost for them, & attempt another switch for me!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    eidman wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies - some were helpful, & some, well, yes as predicted, despite me having admitted I hadn't read the t&c's correctly, pointed out what I had already admitted!

As mentioned I assumed the terms started at opening of account, not after transfer of account....ah well, a customer lost for them, & attempt another switch for me!

No doubt lesson learnt!
  • orangeanorak
    orangeanorak Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 24 February 2018 at 1:49PM
    Options
    My wife and I opened separate B accounts - one went well, the other didn't as although the money was paid in at the correct time and two direct debits were set up, one of the debits was quarterly and the first payment from the account for that debit was after 62 days - I have appealed this in email and have been referred to the 'switch' branch who I will talk to on Monday. I did read the T&C however it was probably a quick scan but don't recall seeing this.
    Surely such matters should be highlighted in the main bank promotion rather than buried in subsection whatever on page whatever - has anyone got a copy of the T&C so I can peruse before my phone call please.
    Otherwise I love the B app especially the facility to photograph and lodge cheques rather than trolleying in to the bank.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    My wife and I opened separate B accounts - one went well, the other didn't as although the money was paid in at the correct time and two direct debits were set up, one of the debits was quarterly and the first payment from the account for that debit was after 62 days - I have appealed this in email and have been referred to the 'switch' branch who I will talk to on Monday. I did read the T&C however it was probably a quick scan but don't recall seeing this.
    Surely such matters should be highlighted in the main bank promotion rather than buried in subsection whatever on page whatever - has anyone got a copy of the T&C so I can peruse before my phone call please.
    Otherwise I love the B app especially the facility to photograph and lodge cheques rather than trolleying in to the bank.

Terms and conditions in link below:

https://www.youandb.co.uk/resources/e6ff10a6-1b40-4e44-82bb-c58130a1a538/149904_250_Cashback_DU250TCS.pdf
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did read the T&C however it was probably a quick scan but don't recall seeing this.
    Surely such matters should be highlighted in the main bank promotion rather than buried in subsection whatever on page whatever
    So you clearly didn't read the Ts & Cs of the offer if you think the relevant clause was buried "on page whatever" when they're somewhat less than one full page of simple and clear text! How do you suggest that such detailed information should be provided more prominently than that, bearing in mind that they're targeting people switching their main accounts rather than those simply trying to exploit the offer by doing the bare minimum to qualify?

Once you have read them you'll realise that you don't have a leg to stand on, so the decent thing to do would be to accept that it was your error rather than theirs and drop your claim, but if you approach them apologetically enough then they may be prepared to make some sort of gesture of goodwill....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure