IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS/BW Legel, Landlord Told Them To Cancel PCN

HIya

Not sure where I stand with this after reading other threads about PCN's, so was doing a job for a local business and had geniune reason for parking where I did, along came the empolyee for VSC and issued a PCN. I actually had a disagreement stating that I had just cause for being their but he just said he had issued it and that I would have to contact his office

Anyway, I spoke to the company I was their for who then contacted their landlord who contacted VCS and asked them to cancel it, a couple of weeks later a nice letter arrived so I went back to the company and asked the Landlord to tell them again to cancel the PCN. So I did nothing assuming it was cancelled. So now I have just received another letter from VCS stating they have handed this now over to BW Legal who now asking for £154 or face going to court over it (which I am willing to call their bluff if I have to).

So my question is if the Landlord has instructed VCS to cancel the PCN should VCS honor this request, I have asked for the landlord to provide details of the communication to VCS so I can forward it to BW Legal (the landlord is quite annoyed with VCS over this).

Any advise is much appreciated

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 October 2016 at 4:42PM
    Get proof in writing of this cancellation and send it to BW Legal with the usual sort of reply you will find all over this forum on all the other BW Legal threads.

Also read here about CSA and SRA complaints about BW Legal and join that campaign, as well as sending a letter to your MP and to Mrs May about how horrendous this disgusting, greedy excuse for an 'industry' are, and how they are worse than clamping was, threatening to 'credit clamp' ordinary people for SIX YEARS regarding spurious ticketing.

Use the phrase 'credit clamping' to explain the threat you are now fighting and how it is far worse than car clamping was.

Tell your MP and Mrs May that the entire rotten lot are currently out of control.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Airwulf wrote: »
    HIya

Not sure where I stand with this after reading other threads about PCN's, so was doing a job for a local business and had geniune reason for parking where I did, along came the empolyee for VSC and issued a PCN. I actually had a disagreement stating that I had just cause for being their but he just said he had issued it and that I would have to contact his office

Anyway, I spoke to the company I was their for who then contacted their landlord who contacted VCS and asked them to cancel it, a couple of weeks later a nice letter arrived so I went back to the company and asked the Landlord to tell them again to cancel the PCN. So I did nothing assuming it was cancelled. So now I have just received another letter from VCS stating they have handed this now over to BW Legal who now asking for £154 or face going to court over it (which I am willing to call their bluff if I have to).

So my question is if the Landlord has instructed VCS to cancel the PCN should VCS honor this request, I have asked for the landlord to provide details of the communication to VCS so I can forward it to BW Legal (the landlord is quite annoyed with VCS over this).

Any advise is much appreciated

So, do you have a letter from BWLegal ?

If so what threats do they make.

VCS are an ignorant lot so why not tell the landlord they have ignored him. You need to get written confirmation that the landlord instructed VCS to cancel and indeed you will need the landlord to attend court with you as witness.

He needs to know that BWLegal are under investigation with the SRA, many posts on here about this.
  • Airwulf
    Airwulf Posts: 18 Forumite
    Hiya

BW Legel states that I failed to pay VCS or appeal (which shouldnt of been nessasary due to the landlord instructing VCS to cancel). Basically they said they will start seeking legal proceedings if I dont pay £154.00 in the form of a County Court Claim Form.

Surly this goes to Small Claims Court? I will be contacting the landlord directly tomorrow asking for the details of his instructions which the idiots at VCS failed to action, When I spoke to BW Legal they have asked for theses details, as I think if the landlord did ask twice for it to be cancelled then VCS/BW Legal dont have a leg to stand on.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hiya

BW Legel states that I failed to pay VCS or appeal (which shouldnt of been nessasary due to the landlord instructing VCS to cancel). Basically they said they will start seeking legal proceedings if I dont pay £154.00 in the form of a County Court Claim Form.

Surly this goes to Small Claims Court? I will be contacting the landlord directly tomorrow asking for the details of his instructions which the idiots at VCS failed to action, When I spoke to BW Legal they have asked for theses details, as I think if the landlord did ask twice for it to be cancelled then VCS/BW Legal dont have a leg to stand on.

You are right but please understand that VCS and BWLEGAL are not interested, they just want your money ... the scam works using scare tactics.

Difficult to understand what words these scammers don't understand.

As long as you get this in writing from the landlord, if BWLegal ignore you as well, a judge will not take kindly to BWL.
    You of course can claim costs against BWLegal from the court.

Do your bit, complain to the SRA and tell BWLegal you have done so.

Don't worry, have fun destroying BWLegal, there are 100's before you

This is a prime complaint to the SRA
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I think if the landlord did ask twice for it to be cancelled then VCS/BW Legal dont have a leg to stand on.
    Agreed - but that won't stop them.

Your actions now need to stop them, so start reading the zillions of other BW Legal threads and start complaining and responding robustly to see this off once and for all.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Stop using the phone, everything in writing, how do you show a judge a phone call?
  • Airwulf
    Thanks Grimble, wont be calling them again and I declined to give them my number :) interesting that they prefer you to use their portal (which I aint doing as I don't trust them!!)
  • Airwulf
    Well make some progress with this, contacted landlord who has now emailed VCS again instructing them to cancel the ticket immediately (whcih i now have a copy as well as the previous requests). Will see if they respond, pretty dirty tactics to ignore the landlords instructions and attempt to obtain money by deception along with BW Legal
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well make some progress with this, contacted landlord who has now emailed VCS again instructing them to cancel the ticket immediately (whcih i now have a copy as well as the previous requests). Will see if they respond, pretty dirty tactics to ignore the landlords instructions and attempt to obtain money by deception along with BW Legal

If you get anything more from the scammers, you need to send a further complaint to the SRA and CRA. You did send a complaint after you received the original PCN didn't you?
    They can't add on 54 quid, and they know it, so that should immediately generate complaints.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Airwulf
    Yeap damn right I am gonna complain, Also considering further action in regards to the fact they had been told two previous times to cancel by the lawfully by their client the landlord but still escalated it to BW Legal, which in my view could be classed as attempted obtaining money by deception which is borderline being a criminal act.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure