43" 3D TV - I hope!!

Thank MaineBlue I recieved an email this afternoon saying I am the overall winner in this competition you posted http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4975806&highlight=jackpot247

Anyway Im slightly worried as the email said to call the support centre, called the support centre and the lady wanted my account details - i dont think I have an account and all I can see to enter was to like their facebook page, fill in details and supply the correct answer.

Searched through the T and C's and cant see anything saying you needed to register. The lady told me to email the email back to the email it came from (support) with my details so they can find my account.

I have done that and am waiting - would anyone else be able to have a scan to see if I am missing something in the T and C's before I try and contact them again.

heres hoping!!
2018 WINS: Gin & Chocolate Hamper*Kids Shoes*Sudocrem Goodeybag*Malvern Spring Festival Tickets*Kids's Book* Bosch Soundboxx*Board Game*Friction Free Shave Subscription*Splash Out Ball*Blackberry Farm Tickets* Tickets to Chessington *Cat Treats*Seed Mix*Contour Next One *Majestic Wine Gift Card*£500 Lakeland Bundle*Shorn Wine Pouch

Comments

• miss_p1981
    miss_p1981 Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2014 at 4:52PM
    Could you maybe set up an account with them now?

When I won a prize with Argos, I got a telephone call and an email to my comping email address but then I received an email to my other email address (which I have already got registered with Argos from when I have made orders etc) and they already knew all my delivery details from my on-line account with them. I can only think they found it via my telephone number or address.

Maybe they just need to you set up an account to organise delivery and everything?

Edit: Just clicked on the original post and can see it is nothing to do with online shopping, so probably my advise above is useless!
  • MarkyLou
    MarkyLou Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I too received an email from their support email address with the following message.

Congratulations you have been selected as our top prize winner and you have won an Official World Cup national team football shirts

The top prize was a TV though! I haven't rang them yet as I'm on a train but I don't have an account with them either
    A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who posts comps :beer:
  • Just_a_girl
    Just_a_girl Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Haha its a good point, I just wonder if that is the case - they could probably tell I have registered after the competition ended. I just had another look and still cant see anything that says you have to be a registered users to enter. I think the call centre is overseas and they havent got a clue about the competition, my guess is they are following procedures and trying to get my details up before they talk..... might try the facebook page!
    2018 WINS: Gin & Chocolate Hamper*Kids Shoes*Sudocrem Goodeybag*Malvern Spring Festival Tickets*Kids's Book* Bosch Soundboxx*Board Game*Friction Free Shave Subscription*Splash Out Ball*Blackberry Farm Tickets* Tickets to Chessington *Cat Treats*Seed Mix*Contour Next One *Majestic Wine Gift Card*£500 Lakeland Bundle*Shorn Wine Pouch
  • Just_a_girl
    MarkyLou wrote: »
    I too received an email from their support email address with the following message.

Congratulations you have been selected as our top prize winner and you have won an Official World Cup national team football shirts

The top prize was a TV though! I haven't rang them yet as I'm on a train but I don't have an account with them either

oo er!! Mine did say TV but it was bolded at the end, perhaps they are using a generic email and forgot to edit it, if you get anywhere let me know!!
  • MarkyLou
    MarkyLou Posts: 316 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I'll call when I get home or tomorrow morning and see what they say.

Let me know if they reply to you before then please, I'm intrigued about the account part! :)
    A MASSIVE thank you to everyone who posts comps :beer:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    The only bit I could see that at a stretch they might try to say you need an account is this
    1.10. All bonus offers and promotional prize draws or competitions are for players resident in Great Britain only.
  • Just_a_girl
    I didnt get any response from facebook or my support email, so i called the call centre again, siad I didnt have an account and I wanted to speak to someone who knew about the competition and they put me through to Karine - TV has ben won!!!

Thanks so much!! Im going to leave it the lounge as a suprise for the other half - he will be so delighted!

Thank you thank you thank you :beer:
  • badamsgirl
    badamsgirl Posts: 4,516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad it all worked out. Well done :)
    Good luck for 2024 Comping! Be lucky!
    My April 2024 Wins: Snickers (IW), kids book(web), bookmark (web), £1 cat food voucher x 4 (web), £33.34 (TW), game of minigolf (IW)
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    :TCongratulations:T
  • SkintBrideToBe
    SkintBrideToBe Posts: 6,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Aw thats great, well done :)
    2021 Please Be A Better Year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories