Child Dla Form apparently received late?

Hello :)

Received a brown envelope in the post this morning (they never contain good news) stating my daughters dla claim form was received 10 days late and to give a reason for this, it states the reason must be received back by 8/8/14.

It was supposed to be back by 28th may, and I posted it on the 16th (normal post, should have got recorded but I live miles away from a post office)

I'm a bit confused, surely they should just look at award from date I sent it in then? Why do I need to give written reasons, and what can I put? I did post it back but Royal Mail must have delayed it. Tbh I'm expecting a no result anyway, so I'm confused by this letter, my own dla was a month late and they didn't ask.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    \just tell them the truth, you really cant do more than that.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • spud04
    spud04 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Was it a renewal?

If it wasn't I'm not sure why they would get stressed about it being late back. As McKneff says, all you can do is tell them the truth.

They've also taken their time telling you that it was late back!
  • spud04 wrote: »
    Was it a renewal?

If it wasn't I'm not sure why they would get stressed about it being late back. As McKneff says, all you can do is tell them the truth.

No it's a new claim, they said it the letter it was received by them on June 8th, this is the first I have heard from them, just find it a bit strange, it's not like it was months late? My dla application was late and they never asked just awarded from when they got it.

I filled out the form saying when I posted it and couldn't understand why it had been delayed.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They have no way of knowing when it was sent in though.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Blindsided_2
    Blindsided_2 Posts: 187 Forumite
    Indie_Kid wrote: »
    They have no way of knowing when it was sent in though.

No, I understand that, I'm not at all concerned they only got it 10 days after they should have. I was just an bit confused, I have never had a letter asking me why a dla form was late, the usually award, or not, from the date they received it, this seemed a bit urgent, as in we need to know with 2 weeks why you didn't send it in by x date.

Just wondered if anyone else had had this for a new claim.
  • Ziggazee
    Ziggazee Posts: 464 Forumite
    It's standard. When the form arrives later than the date it should have been back by they automatically send out a letter requesting reasons. It's so they can consider whether or not to backdate it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure