phone payg sim cards and mobile broadband payg sim cards

are the sim cards you use for payg mobile phones the same as are used in payg mobile broadband.
many thanks

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    yes , you just need to have a data bolt on
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • thanks for that. sorry if i come over a bit thick but i want to use orange.how would i go about adding a data bolt on.
    i want to use orange mobile broadband but i do not want to be tied into a contract.i believe you can get there dongles for £5 a month
    ive read that 02 dongles are unblocked so was thinking of putting a orange sim card into the 02 dongle
    any idea what i need to do?
    thanks
  • web_ferret
    web_ferret Posts: 252 Forumite
    You need an unlocked dongle to switch sims.
    I have PAYG sims for three and voodofone for when I'm away with the caravan. I just use which ever gives me the best coverage and then top up if needed. Its always free to access the website of the provider. SIMs are very cheap or free off ebay - some come with data allowance included.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure