Over 60s National bus and Blackpool Trams

I have an over 60 National (England) free off peak bus pass, do you know if these are valid on Blackpool trams?
TIA

Comments

• billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    They dont normally cover you for use on Trams.

But some local authorities ones are ,eg Lancashire are accepted on Blackpool Trams,this is an additional concession provided by that authority.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    It's not a bus pass as such but for concessionary travel funded by HM Government. It doesn't mention "bus pass" anywhere on mine! So I would suggest that it depends on Blackpool Council's concessionary travel terms and conditions. So probably they would be the best people to ask?
    However, the scheme does seem to favour bus travel and describes the passes as bus and travel by bus. Then most councils don't have trams.

I've looked for you - so it would appear "locals" can use the trams with a local pass.

"Over 60s Bus Pass

273.jpg If you are living in Blackpool and aged 60 or over, you will be eligible for free travel on any local bus service anywhere in England after 9.30am and before 11pm Monday to Friday and all day on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

Locally, you will be allowed to travel free after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays on the trams in both Blackpool and Wyre, on any local bus service and on the Knott End Ferry.

Visitors to Blackpool

If you are a visitor to Blackpool and hold a National Concessionary bus pass issued by a District Council in England you are entitled to free travel on any local bus service between 9.30am and 11pm Monday to Friday and all day Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

As neighbouring Concessionary Travel areas may have different conditions, please check with your own Council before travelling for more guidance on using your card in other areas.

Unfortunately, passes are not valid on buses outside the times stated above or on the trams. If you reside in Scotland or Wales, unfortunately these passes are not valid at all in England."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure