Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    eastofeden wrote: »
    What about holding both a Halifax RS and a BOS RS? When I log into my Halifax account and try to open a BOS RS it tells me that this product is not available to me ( I have a Halifax RS).
    I’ve looked in T’s and C’s but can’t find anything about not holding both?

Try logging into the BoS site and see if it'll allow you to open one.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What about holding both a Halifax RS and a BOS RS? When I log into my Halifax account and try to open a BOS RS it tells me that this product is not available to me ( I have a Halifax RS).
    I’ve looked in T’s and C’s but can’t find anything about not holding both?
    I assume you have a BoS current account? If so, then apply from within your BoS online area. If you've never registered, try your Halifax log in details...as they work for me.
  • eastofeden
    Options
    Thanks both. I've 3 BOS Vantage accounts and I have only ever logged onto them via my Halifax account. I will try to log on via BOS and see if that makes any difference.
  • mgarl10024
    Options
    Thanks both. I've 3 BOS Vantage accounts and I have only ever logged onto them via my Halifax account. I will try to log on via BOS and see if that makes any difference.

I believe you'll have to use your BOS login to apply for BOS products.

One word of warning...I used to use my Halifax login for my Halifax accounts and my BOS for my BOS accounts (logical!) but kept getting system errors and being locked out. BOS said that using both accounts was causing the errors and advised me to only use my Halifax login, and to administer my BOS accounts using it. Since then, no errors.

However, the BOS regular saver posed a challenge. So I quickly used my BOS login, applied, then logged out.
  • eastofeden
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice, especially the log in confusion by using both. Will apply via BOS later today and then just use Halifax.
  • BeachNut
    BeachNut Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't login on the BOS site, just apply for a BOS saver as if you are not an existing customer. If successful, next ttme you login to Halifax you'll see your BOS saver also listed (together with any existing Halifax Regular Savers).
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    I opened both BoS and Halifax RSs, the latter via a Halifax site. What I find odd is that the Halifax RS and its related Easy Access account appear on my BoS website pages! A useful short cut actually though.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Opened H and BofS RS each through their on sites. Noticed that Halifax is NO w/drawals and BofS IS ok to withdraw - strange
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    Opened H and BofS RS each through their on sites. Noticed that Halifax is NO w/drawals and BofS IS ok to withdraw - strange

There's still little integration of the bits of LBG. For instance, why,

"Birmingham Midshires is a trading name of Bank of Scotland plc" ?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Options
    Their regular saver interest rate has been increased from 2.5% to 2.75% with effect, I assume, from 1/12/17.

They are not continuing the offer of a regular saver and this one matures after 12 months which for me is April 2018. Hopefully that may change!

The Childrens' RS continues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport