BT Call Protect Useless ??

BT Call Protect is set to block all international calls.
Why do they still get through to me ??
BT cannot help !!

Comments

• Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    As posted in another similar thread.

I can wholeheartedly recommend the BT 8500/8600 TrueCall system.

It will challenge the caller and they have the option to state their name and business. This will cope with legitimate callers who choose to withhold their numbers. The scammers usually give up.

You can, of course, programme it with the numbers that you want to get through and also the ones that you don't.

I've had mine two years now and not one of these scam calls has got through.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Ah but BT Call protect is free.......
    People on very limited incomes cannot afford to pay for Truecall.
    But thanks anyway
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 June 2017 at 3:14PM
    As mentioned, a plug-in trueCall box or a BT 8500 or 8600 series Call Guardian handset with trueCall built in has, so far, been the only effective method to deal with nuisance calls.

It is also possible to deploy trueCall functionality on the telephone network itself. This makes the product available on landlines and on mobiles without having to purchase any extra physical equipment.

I see Sky now offers a product called Sky Talk Shield with call-blocking built into the network and the functionality seems to be the same as that offered by trueCall.
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    You are all missing the point !!
    Call Protect is free & is obviously NOT working..........
    When it should.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As no-one here has the ability to fix the issues with BT Call Protect, the suggestion has been made to swap to something that does actually work.

There are three ways to achieve this. Two of them, a trueCall plug-in box or a BT Call Guardian handset, require purchasing equipment. One, Sky Talk Shield, requires swapping your provider to Sky.

It may be worth asking BT when will they be installing trueCall on their network. Their competitors are getting ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure