We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek:

I have read that A.v.o.n. so soft oil spray is a good deterant. either that, or i will be getting one of those beekeeper outfits. to do my gardening:rotfl:

Make sure you get the original one. I used to use it and found it quite effective. Plus it smells lovely ;)
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek: not only will i hear them calling me, i will be seeing them too:eek: they will not have a chance in hell, they will be scoffed in seconds:D

I have MORE bites:o its no joke now...

I have read that A.v.o.n. so soft oil spray is a good deterant. either that, or i will be getting one of those beekeeper outfits. to do my gardening:rotfl:

my hoss whisperer lady was telling me of some natural bark stuff to soak and use fluid to repel bugs from horses....non toxic !!
    i will ask her what it was.............:)and if it will work for biscwit eating humans....;)
    MAYBE its the biscwits in your system that the bugs like !!:o in which case :naughty: :rotfl:
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hubby told me to start eating more garlic...as that is suposed to repel insects, fleas etc, but thing is it will repel humans too:rotfl: i def be like billy no mates, but on saying that maybe tyhat is a good thing with some of the people i know:eek::D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek: not only will i hear them calling me, i will be seeing them too:eek: they will not have a chance in hell, they will be scoffed in seconds:D

I have MORE bites:o its no joke now...

Ctc, i find the avon stuff useless, but i had bought loads of it before deciding this. Pm me your address again and i can send you some for you to tryif you like.....will not be getting to post office until tomorrow, so will not reach you till fri or sat.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One ofmy clients has a really nice insect repellant called somethoing like aroma balm. Its nice enough to wear as a summer herby fragrance. I will get the purchase details from her.
  • lostinrates
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Finished sweeping and hosing down one of the yards at last. It looks really, really good, till you hose down ipyou never realise how much dirt you have do you? Now have to tackle the one leading from that main yard back towards the house, but that has a huge pile of stone, several pallet s of old tiles and loads weeds on it, so much harder to do.
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    CTC, when I developed my horsefly allergy I read up on insect repellents. The Avon skin so soft, IIRC, worked by making skin slightly greasier and more difficult for midges to bite. It was tested scientifically and has some limited mossie resistance but deet beat it hands down. I think Avon made a beefed up repellent.

When I'm in the garden I try to avoid getting sweaty as that seems to attract the baddies.

And am I the only party pooper to breathe a sigh of relief that the wall to wall jubilee coverage is over? :p
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    ctc, when i developed my horsefly allergy i read up on insect repellents. The avon skin so soft, iirc, worked by making skin slightly greasier and more difficult for midges to bite. It was tested scientifically and has some limited mossie resistance but deet beat it hands down. I think avon made a beefed up repellent.

When i'm in the garden i try to avoid getting sweaty as that seems to attract the baddies.

and am i the only party pooper to breathe a sigh of relief that the wall to wall jubilee coverage is over? :p

no !!.............;)
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    [/color]

no !!.............;)

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET YOUR BOX ?? if i can find ticket i will send u tracking no. :D

brain in reverse today [bit like my butt !!] meant for RHIWI
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    LIR..... i always thought your yards looked neat and clean anyway !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure