Freemans 30% off first order

It seems that despite already haven taken advantage of the 20% first order code (and 5% quidco) on the purchase of a 32" Samsung LCD TV (thread over on Grab IT Forum) that whichever system at Freemans that generates paper-mail doesn't know I have placed my first order already and they are sending me offers.

The latest one is 30% off first order by quoting code DNBP - not sure if this is of any use to anyone else..

According to the blurb it's off anything in the catalogue.

It suggests entering the code at https://www.freemans.com/welcome

Steve

Comments

• lnjk
    lnjk Posts: 895 Forumite
    foxyloxy wrote:
    It seems that despite already haven taken advantage of the 20% first order code (and 5% quidco) on the purchase of a 32" Samsung LCD TV (thread over on Grab IT Forum) that whichever system at Freemans that generates paper-mail doesn't know I have placed my first order already and they are sending me offers.

The latest one is 30% off first order by quoting code DNBP - not sure if this is of any use to anyone else..

According to the blurb it's off anything in the catalogue.

It suggests entering the code at https://www.freemans.com/welcome

Steve

I have just tries to get a TV and on the last page it states:

Prices shown for products from our Discover range already include your discount. Please note that all other discounts applied to your order will NOT be shown in your bag above, but will be deducted before payment is taken. Discounts do not apply to electrical products, for more information click here
  • foxyloxy
    foxyloxy Posts: 109 Forumite
    That's strange the letter actually suggests:

"Or you might have your eye on a Sony digital camera costing £250 - you could save an incredible £75 with this offer"
  • teksat2k
    teksat2k Posts: 53 Forumite
    Many, many thanks, foxyloxy.

This brings my 3-month battle with Freemans over 32" Samsung to happy conclusion.

As no discount had been applied, phone up the internet sales/credit line (number from 'Quick! Grabbit while you can' thread) and they quite happily applied the 30% new customer discount.
  • zorber
    zorber Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The web site states 30% off every thing in the catalogue
    "Save the cheerleader - Save the world"
  • Totoriko
    Totoriko Posts: 650 Forumite
    Which website? Just been on freemans and it still states 20%
  • pudding
    pudding Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It states does not apply to electrical items........Just about to order a DAB RADIO until read the line at the bottom...
  • ali137
    ali137 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    pudding wrote:
    It states does not apply to electrical items........Just about to order a DAB RADIO until read the line at the bottom...

Thats what it always says on checkout, but how did people get the samsung lcd tv with the 20% discount code.

Can anyone tell me if they have been sucessful with the 30% discount code for the samsung LCD tv.
  • Totoriko
    Totoriko Posts: 650 Forumite
    From their T&Cs on discount codes:

What are your terms and conditions for the use of Offer Codes and Discounts?
    Freemans will only honour an offer code/discount if it is used in line with these terms and conditions of issue.

Exclusions
    Certain goods and/or services are excluded from all offer codes/discounts. These include, but are not limited to all products in the Spring Summer 06 catalogue, between pages 868 - 1019, and 1106-1108 inclusive.

Specifically, goods excluded from offer code/discounts are: washing machines, tumble dryers and combination washer dryers, dishwashers, fridges, freezers and combination fridge/freezers, microwaves, ovens, vacuum cleaners, televisions, freeview set-top boxes, VCR players, DVD players, DVD recorders, Hard Disk recorders, Home Cinema systems, portable DVD players, camcorders, digital cameras and accessories, digital printers, MP3 and portable audio players and accessories, hi-fis and hi-fi components, satellite navigation systems, PC systems, Apple Mac systems and accessories, laptops, video games software and hardware, mobile phones and accessories and digital phones.

This list is not exhaustive, and amends can be made to it at any time. We may notify you of any other specific exclusions at the time of issue of any new offer code/discount.

Offer codes/discounts are only valid when used by the intended recipient.

Offer codes/discounts issued may be subject to other terms and conditions which will be communicated on issue and may include, but is not limited to first orders, orders of a specific value, orders for a specific product, or a combination of specific products, or orders placed within a specified period.

Offer codes/discounts may have an expiry date. After the expiry date the offer code/discount will not be valid.

All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.

Any order code used outside these terms and conditions will be rejected.

No liability will be accepted by Freemans in respect of such rejection or cancellation of an offer code/discount.
  • zorber
    Totoriko wrote:
    Which website? Just been on freemans and it still states 20%

clear your cookies than do as post 1 states
    click on the link then enter the code and hey presto
    or it doesnt actually matter as i went through quidco says 20% off but put the 30% code in at checkout and it works fine got discount confirmed there and then.
    Be quick as they are liable to suss this quickly and shut the code down
  • zorber
    ali137 wrote:
    Thats what it always says on checkout, but how did people get the samsung lcd tv with the 20% discount code.

Can anyone tell me if they have been sucessful with the 30% discount code for the samsung LCD tv.

yes i have been successful and it was confirmed there and then

email confirmation followed
    Thank you for shopping with Freemans.

Your order has been processed and will be despatched to you shortly.
    If you have any queries regarding this order please contact us either by
    e-mail, quoting your account number or reference number .............,
    or telephone Customer Services on 0870 606 6099.
    Every year Prima Magazine hold their prestigious Prima High Street Fashion
    Awards.There are 17 different categories and we need you, our loyal customers,
    to vote for Freemans in Homeshopping. Simply log onto https://www.primamagazine.co.uk
    and fill in the survey. Plus you could win £500 in high street store vouchers
    too, so get voting.

32 ins - Samsung IDTV LCD Cat No. 38C4041
    QTY: 1
    Price: 630.00 Status: In Stock

The above address is your billing address only and may not be the address you
    have used for delivery purposes.

Your order is subject to status.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills