December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• I'm sorry everyone I've been a naughty Candy :( I went out yesterday and bought a take away!! So annoyed with myself, I was in work til midnight and it just happened. Slap on the wrist for me!!

Anyway today has been a NSD :j and hopefully so will the next 2 days.

I've managed to get another 8hours overtime over the festive season which is great news, I should get this around the 19th Dec so any extra penny's will be going straight to the debts as I am going to finish all my Christmas shopping on Saturday. Can't wait t get it all done and wrapped up.

I really want to put my Christmas deccies up but we're in the process of having a new roof and floor so don't think I can put them up just yet!!

Candy
    x
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NSD successfully achieved, that's number 2:T

Lunch was, in the end cheese on toast with Worcester sauce and some fruit.

Dinner was ham salad sandwich and a hobnob:D

Dinner for ds2 and DD was pasta salad and for ds3 hot dog sausages and super noodles. Pudding was some chocolate I won't at dd christmas fayre on the tombola:)

Got loads of studying done today, feel good now about finishing by the end of the week:T

Actually I also completed a icma which is worth 1% of final marks so fingers crossed I did ok for that. Last module results back in 11 days and I am desperately hoping to have passed as that will mean my first full 60 points towards a degree:cool:

No college tomorrow as I am missing this weeks class to concentrate on this assignment, I am ahead in my college class so don't feel bad about missing one lesson.

This afternoon ds2 and I baked hobnobs and crumblies, I was quite surprised that he asked to help as he is nearly 15 but we had a good laugh and it was nice to spend the time with him:A

I then had a lovely long chat with ds1 on the phone:)

The usual exercise done for the school run today so keeping up with the saving petrol too:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    NSK- re the tesco beans: I have tried all kinds of baked beans,,,i actually prefer Asda smartprice more than any others. Tescos ones are OK, i tend to put a bit of butter and chilli flakes in all of them anyway :)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    come to admit my shame .... after a day of feeling absolute pants ... i got my bad news leaving me feeling worse and not in the mood for anything so got the kids and myself chippy chips ...

going to the doctors tomorrow and gonna have a long talk with them about how im feeling x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • gelmc
    gelmc Posts: 89 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2012 at 8:54PM
    I'm hoping for my first NSD in December tomorrow. Went away for the weekend and spent on some chrissy pressies and meals out - now need to let the dust settle on my bank a/c. I know that I'm straying a little off course at the moment and need to get back to moneyspinning! :( It's a bit scary :eek::eek:
    but hopefully DDD will get me back on track.

Was really inspired that Kat lived on £40 for food last month. Something in me would be challenged by that and would like to do the same. May give it a try in January but will also need to check out AP. Have also got the FIELD AGENT APP and nearlly ended up checking out a chiller cabinet of snacks, in the Mr Ts, in Filey for £7.50, but someone pipped me to the post.

On the upside I've batch cooked spaghetti and meatballs tonight and also been given another smallish contract for exam marking in January. That will all go in the savings pot towards the house fund. I will buy my own house in the summer. I will buy my own house...
    :):):):)
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Grr just lost 2 posts -pressed the wrong button twice:mad:

Hi everyone, NSD 3 for me today, but tomorrow the car is going in for its MOT (on a budget plan at garage so the cost is taken care of already) so Im taking advantage and carrying on up into the city to do my Xmas pressie shopping thats left and also some food shopping so come Weds Im hoping Im back to nsds.

Did some more walking today, funny thing is that Im enjoying it, but next week I think I will do some front room dancing behind closed curtains - dont want to frighten any stray dogs passing the windows :rotfl:

Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• Hi all
    Quick stop in - spend day for us today. OH got a phone call from Beats headphones asking him to post his headphones to a factory in the Netherlands, tracked delivery, for them to send him out a new pair as his are less than a year old and faulty. At £80 a pair, I am VERY happy to spend £7.32 to ship them tracked - so off they went!!

Whilst I was having the spend day anyway, I decided to get uber organised. All xmas cards for family bought, plus 6 rolls of wrapping paper... At the Card Factory, which OH works at, so we got 15% discount on ridiculously cheap stuff anyway woowoo!!

Dinner was HM balti and rice. Very nice indeed. Asda chosen by you curry sauces come highly recommended at £1 a jar!

To wade into the beans debate, we have had tesco everyday value & they are pretty nice :) Closer to Branston baked beans than heinz I guess in flavour. Watered down sauce, but not even as bad as expected. I'd buy them again.

I got a Starbucks gift card (woohoo!) so I think I could easily make the rest of this week entirely NSD's.. since I have to return a coffee I was bought by a new friend last week.

Off to bed. Killer night with little lady last night, sickness bugs and 7 month old babies.. recipe for disaster.
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • I have done my 30 min walk tonight, its lovely seeing all the xmas lights in the windows.
    My NSD went out the window, went in to town for my son and picked up some xmas presents, out of budget and part of what i was going to buy on wednesday so not to bad.

every one seems to be getting of to a start to this challenge i hope i can keep it up and not let the side down.

I have a lot of xmas shopping to get but have the money put by its just a case of having the time. petrol money is in an envelope, we have a lot of food just need a little fresh each week . we also have the meat ordered for xmas day and money put in envelope ready so there should be no need to overspend, fingers crossed touching wood.

have a good evening everyone

xx
    You can if you think you can .

• No college tomorrow as I am missing this weeks class to concentrate on this assignment, I am ahead in my college class so don't feel bad about missing one lesson.

Are you seriously telling me that you are packing in college to concentrate on DDD..?...

....I'm kidding I know what you meant...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • OKay.. I think a little pep talk is in order.. Candy don't kill yourself over one take away. I know what its like doing late night shifts and not being prepared with food. If you are starving then so be it.. you have PLENTY of time to make up for this....[COLOR="Magenta"Searching[/COLOR] I have sent you a wee message.. when times are tough its amazing how much a chip butty can lift your spirits.. someone got chips towards the end of my shift tonight and I nearly ripped them out of his grubby man hands... I resisted...

However both of you cannot feel guilty about this.. you know it's money wasted to a degree.. although Searching I think you needed them... either way... onwards and upwards girlies.. Searching I REALLY hope you have a good Dr that will listen to you!! Sending hugs...

I am marking off another NSD.. with all this talk of beans I think I will try two tins of Tesco own brand which is 4 servings for an NSK, 4 potatoes, cheese and I'm sorted..although there is GUILT if I do not eat these awful dried pasta packets... Asda is too far away..

I made up a packet of dried pasta with cheese and broccoli to bring to work tomorrow.. nutritionally void of anything my body could use apart from carbs and MSG.. but it fills a hole and I refuse to go near the canteen..

Well done on everyones NSD's... remember you have 11 spend days for this month. I can see people are having fits and starts and getting into the swing of such strictness.. come day 10 you will be ruthless little money saving food hording hobbits and you will fly through this challenge...

GelMC..What is scary?.. I was amazed at my food spend as well. And it included cat litter and food. I was going to rush and get food before seeing a friend tomorrow but shall sit on this and plan properly and go on Thursday instead...if I can last that long on pasta shells. Seriously I have nothing - no flour for bread, two parge pitts with nothing to put in them.. broad bean humus..frozen and tinned corn..??... and 1.5kg of red lentils! Great....

I can never seem to make full use of my Tesco coupons.. might plan for January and buy £30 worth of food just to get the discount instead of going in each week or so as I have been doing...see Abundant there was method to your madness and excessive purchasing of tuna? or sardines?..pilchards? spam?.....:)

NannyGladys really hope the car passes its MOT.. ...and get that spandex out and do yourself proud woman...:T:T:T

Lilt hope the little one settles soon for you... nothing worse I am sure than watching her get upset..although she will soon be at that age where you can use her for the common good and send her up some chimneys to earn you money....(kidding)...

On that happy note, although I do not advocate the use of child labour I am going to bed...

It is FREEZING in this house.. shall pile on layers and socks and fingers crossed I won't turn into a sheet of ice..

Onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure