Halifax clarity card

2»

Comments

• planetf1
    planetf1 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 April 2012 at 4:18PM
    I see reference to the lowest rate being 12.9%, but on Martins summary it mentions "Halifax Clarity: 2.9% for 16 months, NO FEE"

The only info I found (online) about the clarity card seems to refer to higher rates, although news from Feb mentions the 2.9%. The T&Cs also refer to a 3% fee on promotional balance transfers?

So is this low rate still available (subject to credit card scoring). How generous are their limits compared to say barclaycard/cap1/mbna)

I do not have any Halifax accounts

If it is available is there much difference between sorting it over the phone vs in person? (quicker to apply/sign for example)

How longer after receiving the card do you have to execute the promotional transfers?
    How quick are their balance transfers - I notice many providers are now down to a few days, used to be weeks.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • The_Enforcer
    The_Enforcer Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not sure where the 2.9% came from, either a limited offer or a typo. Their website says no fee on balance transfers, but there's no 0% period, unlike some other cards.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/low-rate-no-fee/clarity-card/

Hope this helps.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
    2010 Posts: 5,352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    The 2.9% must have been a typo.

As we treat all our customers and their applications on an individual basis, the APR and interest rates we offer are determined by the details customers supply, along with an independent verification of credit and repayment history.

Your personal APR will be from 12.9% APR variable to 21.9% APR variable, depending on individual circumstances.

51% of customers are offered our best rate of 12.9% APR representative (variable).

I`ve applied today and been accepted although I don`t know the rate yet.
    It won`t really matter because I`ll pay it off in full each month anyway.
  • Not a typo, it's a limited time offer. Only available over the phone/in branch.
    ''Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes.'' :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure