Changing cash ISAs

My cash ISA supplier has brought out a much better ISA but will not accept transfers from their existing ISA holders. Is there any reason why I could not transfer to another supplier and then return to my original supplier as a new customer?

Comments

• Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Does the ISA accept transfers from elsewhere or is it new money only?
  • scr222
    scr222 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Yes it does accept transfers from third parties.
  • Lokolo
    Forumite
    Then yes, open up an instant access ISA elsewhere, transfer out, then transfer in.

Mind you this could take a while.

I could go in branch and explain you'll do this anyway they might transfer it there and then, if they're nice.
  • scr222
    scr222 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thanks, I'll give it a try
  • scr222 wrote: »
    My cash ISA supplier has brought out a much better ISA but will not accept transfers from their existing ISA holders. Is there any reason why I could not transfer to another supplier and then return to my original supplier as a new customer?

Wouldn't this fall foul of the rule that you are only allowed to open one cash ISA each tax year?

Mark
  • Lokolo
    Forumite
    Wouldn't this fall foul of the rule that you are only allowed to open one cash ISA each tax year?

Mark

You can only contribute to one ISA a year. You can open as many as you like during the year as long as you only put money into one.
  • sheslookinhot
    sheslookinhot Posts: 1,956
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    scr222 wrote: »

If your provider makes you go to this length, then are they worthy of your custom. They wouldn't be for mine.
    Mortgage free
    Vocational freedom has arrived
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family