Price of a bag of coal?

Comments

• I've just ordered 10x 25KG bags smokeless - delivered at £5.85 a bag (Rural Northumberland) - only use it in the multifuel to keep in overnight otherwise burn logs - they're £80 for a ton (or tonne?) delivered (seasoned and chopped!) I agree that wood is warmer (and smells nicer when you walk in the house) - but it wont keep in overnight (only when it gets VERY cold!)
    Interestingly the coal was ordered off the internet from a Chesterfield Company - the coal man ;ocally is long gone
  • I've just ordered 10x 25KG bags smokeless - delivered at £5.85 a bag (Rural Northumberland) - only use it in the multifuel to keep in overnight otherwise burn logs - they're £80 for a ton (or tonne?) delivered (seasoned and chopped!) I agree that wood is warmer (and smells nicer when you walk in the house) - but it wont keep in overnight (only when it gets VERY cold!)
    Interestingly the coal was ordered off the internet from a Chesterfield Company - the coal man ;ocally is long gone

Hi, I live in Northumberland too and I'm looking for prices of smokeless coke for my winter supplies. What was the address of the company you brought from online? Thanks
  • Apologies so long to answer your question - it was of fthe internet - www. cpldisribution.co.uk - although its nationwide the depot it came from was in Morpeth
  • thedean
    thedean Posts: 19 Forumite
    £10 50KG bag anthracite delivered near Thirsk
  • I pay £14.50 for a 50k bag of anthracite , think i might be getting ripped off? :mad:
  • Hi - just phoned and £17.20 for 50Kg - so your price is good (SUSPECT WE ARE ALL BEING RIPPED OFF!)
  • my coal costs £11.30 per bag for doubles whatever that means
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    This is an old thread, and the prices from last year are way out now... I've had a tonne (20 x 50Kg bags) of best washed doubles delivered this morning for £190, up from £130 this time last year.

Wholesale coal prices went through the roof earlier in the year.
  • JMartin
    JMartin Posts: 134 Forumite
    That's cheap. Ours has been £9.10 a bag for 50kg. We use 10 bags a fortnight on our open coal fire with back boiler.

We've been informed this morning that the business has been sold and it will now be £11 a bag for 50kg and dross (which we used to get for free) will be £8 a bag. Trying to find something cheaper...even if we have to buy a few tonnes at a time.
  • welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    I recently had coal delivered. 5 bags of tipped coal, 2 large bags of kindling (£2.50 per bag) and was charged £76.00. Last year the same amount cost me £60.00.
    I have gas central heating but because its Calor Gas is very expensive so try to keep the fire in when its cold so we don't need so much heating. With the price increases in coal,not sure if its better or not now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure