Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

Comments

• mertish
    mertish Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 4 April 2013 at 9:43PM
    :mad:

THIS COMPANY KETONA PREMIUM IS A SCAM DON'T BE FOOLED AND IT IS ADVERTISED ON FACEBOOK - CONNED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE PASS THIS ON AS WHAT IS A 2.49 TRIAL TURNS OUT TO BE 37.50 STOPPED FROM YOUR CREDIT CARD AND ALSO - 75.00 POUNDS - F*****G DISGUSTING - NOBODY IS DOING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS - JUST LETTING US GET RIPPED OFF - I COPIED THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN I WENT FOR THE FREE TRIAL AND IT STATES THAT THEY WILL DEDUCT THE 35.50 BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THEM TAKING 75.00 POUNDS - WHEN I CONTACTED THEM THEY HAD NEW TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH THE 37.50 TAKEN OUT AND REPLACED BY 75.00 BUT I HAVE A PRINTED OUT VERSION.:money:

maccaman wrote: »
    I have just been scammed by the company selling these weight loss products. They offer a free trial with reduced postage but its nothing of the sort, its a means of getting you onto a recuring commitement every month for at least £75. Contacted my credit card company and they confirmed immediatly they are aware of the scam and will try to get my money back. Wondering if Martin could give it some bad publicity on here or when hes on a TV program. It may save a lot of silly people like me who are desperate to lose some weight, losing a lot of money. They were previously called Slimtone Plus but keep changing their name to con more people.:mad:
  • Just to let you know that i have opened a facebook page - ketona premium-beware, i am also trying to post it to everyone i know - i have a printed out version of the terms and conditions which applied when i 'bought' this product and cancelled in the time stated. The t &c's only refer to a 37.50 payment now there t & c's have this altered to 75.00 pounds

i urge you to share on face book with your friends and urge them to share your experience. I also urge you report them on watchdog and other organizations who is willing to support customers rights. It is the only way to tackle this.
  • facebook site already set up - ketona premium-beware

I urge you to share on face book with your friends and urge them to share your experience. I also urge you report them on watchdog and other organizations who is willing to support customers rights. it is the only way to tackle this.
  • I too have been scammed, conned out of,so far £224. I can't believe i'v been such an idiot. I have never had an email from the company, even though when i placed the order i was informed that a confirmation email had been sent to my in box. The customer service number they supply is only automated and therefore i am unable to speak anyone to get the returns number i found out i would be given. I am so worried about money now as i have only been on half pay for a few months due to being off sick following a hip infection after surgery. These people should be locked up and the key thrown away. They have no conscience. I think i will have to close my account and go to a completely different bank. If anyone has any other tips on how to stop this and/or get my money back, i would really appreciate the help.
  • Hi everyone, i'm not quite sure how this has happened but this morning i got up to make a call to my banks fraud dept. I didn't go to bed til nearly 2 a/m because i was so upset by it all. But while i was speaking to the bank this morning, i had opened up my online statement to see that the company had refunded £112 of the £224 they had taken. So point is everyone, if they have done that, they know that they are acting illegally!! My bank are in the process of creating a case against them for the rest of the money that they owe me. And, i still have had no email from ketone premium whatsoever!!!!! Good luck to everyone in this predicament, just keep trying, i've gone from being desperate to uplifted within minutes. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice.
    All the best,
    sue.x
  • here is the number to call to cancel the order 08447452161.
    My bank gave it to me straight away.
    Plus I sent an email to evolution-slimming to complain and ask refund. If they will do it I don't know. That number was just magical.
    I feel stupid of course, but reading that I was not the only one so naive it is a bit of a consolation..
  • Eby33
    Eby33 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Husband ordered these... Sent back over half, after reading the small print! Paid £8 to sent them back, cancelled the debit card and informed the bank, did everything right yet yesterday the company premium cleanses still took a whopping £110. Luckily the bank will be refunding this but how can a company be allowed to get away with this? Grrr under No circumstance use this company people, the only thing you will lose quickly is money!
  • Hi guys. I have just been ripped off by the free trial of the above keton ad cleanse premium people. They have stolen £234.90 from my account in a matter of two weeks! I have just lodged a dispute with my credit card company and it will take time to resolve.
    I think we should all team up and go to BBC program called "rip off Britain" and report them there. Let me know as I really want to take this further and prevent more people being scammed by them.
  • Nina3107
    Nina3107 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 11 April 2013 at 3:41PM
    I was taken in by this scam too and a fake article by Channel 4 raving about the fantastic results of this pill. The pill did not work and neither did the patches.

In terms of finances, the day I received the pills I emailed to confirm cancellation of the auto-shipment. I also specified that they were not authorised to take any further payments from my card, to which they replied:

"Please note you are still required to pay for the products you have received after your 14 day trial period. The offer you have signed up for is to try Ketone Premium for 14 days before you pay. These are not free or a 30 day trial, it does not say this on our website.

Please make sure you include your name and address including postcode inside the envelope so we know who has sent the order back and we strongly advise you to use a recorded mail service which costs just a few pence more to ensure we receive your items."

I then sent the below response after which they extended the returns deadline so that I could send the products back.

"How can the item be returned back within 21 days of ordering when it was not shipped for 9 days and not received till day 12? It is then a 14 day trial which adds up to 26 days at least and then you need to allow time for it to be posted back.

I would like you to make this transparently clear, is it 21 days from ordering in which you will refund the charge or 21 days of delivery?

I'm willing to complain to the Office of Fair Trading if you do not respond reasonably."

It cost me £9.60 to post the products back by recorded post but this was worth it as they were unable to deny that they had received the items within the returns period.

A few days later they charged £75 to my debit card and were not returning it as they said that the returns period had expired. I then gave them the tracking number and warned them that I had a receipt for proof of postage.

To take things further, I then reported them to the Action Fraud police team. Google Action Fraud and follow the links for reporting a fraud.

I also called my bank (HSBC) and advised them of the fraud. I gave them the Crime Reference Number (CRN) issued to me by the Action Fraud online form. They temporarily refunded the money to my account pending further investigation by the disputes team.

I emailed all of this to Ketone Premium and they have now written to advise that as of today a full refund of £75 has been processed! Finally!

My advice is to go extreme and really give them a good scare, it works!

Good luck
  • Unfortunately, this 'scam' (called a Subscription Trap) is legal as they have described what will happen in their terms and conditions - but it is very sharp practice and should be made illegal (there have been several 'pill' scams like this). This company's product (Beyond Raspberry Ketone) was endorsed by Channel 4 and appeared in a national magazine, 'Women's Health'. My daughter got stung for one month but did manage to cancel her 'subscription'. The bank has cancelled her card and issued a new one. The company actually operates in USA. I'm trying to find the American equivalent of the UK's Office of Fair Trading to see if they are aware / investigating but I doubt anyone will be prosecuted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure