Great 'big brand alternatives' Hunt

Comments

• Please - what is the £2.99 light diffusing concealer instead of the Yves St Laurent concealer? I have been asked for this for Christmas!
  • Ballycastle Irish Cream Liqueur from Aldi is apparently supposed to be very similar to Baileys and a lot cheaper. I haven't tried it yet - so if anyone has please confirm!
  • squirrel wrote: »
    Ballycastle Irish Cream Liqueur from Aldi is apparently supposed to be very similar to Baileys and a lot cheaper. I haven't tried it yet - so if anyone has please confirm!

Ballycastle is lovely. We've had people round and offered them a Baileys and they've not noticed. It tastes the same to me, but I think the alcohol content is maybe a % less.
  • mippy
    mippy Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sainsbury's unicorn ponies instead of My Little Pony.

Is it just me or are the modern My Little Pony toys really hideous and distorted compared to the old ones of my childhood? They used to look like fairly normal horses and now they have long spindly legs and huge scary eyes! The Sainsbury's own brand ones look like the ponies I remember.

They're to tie in with the modern animated series. Which, apparently, a huge amount of adult men really like - so the toys are popular with 'bronies'.
  • B & M or Poundland do "fake dont bake" i have been told its same as fake bake. i was also told from a friend who works with Next, that Adsa gets their clothes from Next!! n Far cheaper.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please - what is the £2.99 light diffusing concealer instead of the Yves St Laurent concealer? I have been asked for this for Christmas!

Do you mean the Touch Eclait? Its not a concealer, its a highlighter- it wont hide things but does brighten things (don't use it under your eyes then go sit infront of a camera with a flash or wear for a wedding where you'll be photographed...!)

The one most people seem to rate is by Aldi but many others say its nothing like the same. There is no Aldi near me for me to sample it and rate for myself so I can't give my own opinion.
  • Jenniwb - thanks so much for this. I will have a look at Aldi today though it seems I may be looking at the wrong thing. It is Touche Eclait I have been asked for!
  • Jenniwb - thanks so much for this. I will have a look at Aldi today though it seems I may be looking at the wrong thing. It is Touche Eclait I have been asked for!

Hi

I heard the superdrug one is very similar.

S
  • annieb_101
    annieb_101 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 20 December 2012 at 11:40AM
    Please - what is the £2.99 light diffusing concealer instead of the Yves St Laurent concealer? I have been asked for this for Christmas!

i think its the collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer :) lots of beauty people on youtube rave about it and i love it :)

also collection 2000 do the light diffusing concealer too in a pen form but i haven't used it. some people use the YSL for a concelaer some use it as a highlighter but these two prodcuts are very very similar xxx
    :j i'm a student AND good with my money :j
  • This thread needs a bump.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family