Problem with cashplus card

Options
Hello

I am now on my third Cashplus card in 3 months is anyone else having similar problems with it.

I tried to change the pin (as per the instructions) with the first 2 cards at Barclays, HSBC, & Natwest machines; none of them would do it.

Also with my latest card i tried to renew a couple of annual insurance policies with Homeserve & their computer "says no". Apparently it does not regonise the issuing bank.

So be warned this so called Matercard is not as widely recognised as they want you to think.

Thanks

Comments

• SpendCurber
    Options
    Great news!! :mad: I posted a message on here about a month or so ago asking if anyone knew anything about this card. I particularly wanted to know about the likeliness of this card causing me embarrassment and not being accepted in places. People warned about the charges etc (which were to be expected) but nothing like this. I stalled for ages and literally only activated it on Sat!!!:doh: I hope its not a waste of £16...(I know that sounded really stingy but every penny counts!) Thanks for posting, maybe it'll help someone else save some money.
    January 2014 - £20,340
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I too have one of these cards but im yet to activate it, ive gone for the £1 fee per transaction cost as i wont be using it that much but i need it because some places wont accept solo.

good luck both,

pixie
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • MCBIRNIE25
    Options
    Surprised by this.
    Have held one of these cards for over 12 months and have found them to be superb and accepted pretty much everywhere.
    These sound like teething errors, i for one would highly recommend this product.

Cheers,
    Mike.
  • goonergirl
    Options
    Hi Pixie
    how do you get on the £1 fee thing? Only I activated mine last week as I needed CC to verify my paypal account (it was fine with that). I wont use it that often but as kinda gonna use as a savings card for things
    so paying a £1 for a transaction and not the £4.95 fee sounds good?

a
    x
    BR Club Member: [STRIKE]42 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]43[/STRIKE] sharing 42 due to administrative error:D
  • pixie1
    pixie1 Posts: 1,442 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    goonergirl wrote:
    Hi Pixie
    how do you get on the £1 fee thing? Only I activated mine last week as I needed CC to verify my paypal account (it was fine with that). I wont use it that often but as kinda gonna use as a savings card for things
    so paying a £1 for a transaction and not the £4.95 fee sounds good?

a
    x

Hi Goonergirl,

I called the help line and said that i had changed my mind as i didnt want to pay the monthly fee, at this point i was told you could have the £1 per transacation fee which is aimed at people who wont use the card that much.

HTH

Pixie
    :jDebt Free At Last!:j
  • Frugal_Fox
    Frugal_Fox Posts: 1,002 Forumite
    Options
    Basically there are two sorts of accounts - the flexi plan - which you pay the £4.95 monthly fee - but there are no costs with the transactions or the other one - and I can't remember what its called! You then just pay £1 per transaction - but you must use the card either to pay for something or load it every 120 days or they will charge £4.95. Personnally I haven't had any problems with my card, I don't use it very much, so pay an extra £1 per transaction - and its loads cheaper than my old credit card!!!

FF
    "A simple life freely chosen is a source of strength. Do not be pursuaded into buying what you do not need or cannot afford." Quaker Faith & Practice 1.02.41
  • up_the_creek_5
    Options
    ello

Thought i would give youan up-date.

Homeserve sitll could not accept Cashplus,so had to pay the total of £90 on my debit card. The cashplus has a balance of £106 (defeats the object of having a cashplus or should that be Craplus card).

Finally got through to Craplus customer services & paid 50ppm for the privelge to hear this very intersting explination.

Not all firms retailers etc have up-dated their IT systems to accept Cashplus. Dispaying the Mastrcard logo does notgurante acceptance as some systems are only geared up for Matercard credit card not Mastercard pre-pymt card. Therefore as i see it Cashplus advertising is misleading.

Therefore if anyone intends getting one remember the following:

Don't try to change the PIN this facilty dos not seem to work & will cause you problems.

Remember when using it in shpps etc you might find yourself embarrsed when computer says no to your fully charged Craplus card.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure