When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Aldi shop done £24.51 quite pleased with this even if you add on the £10 from Mr T for nappies and wipes.

Meal plan rearranged around some appointments and school activities :)

This weekend we are going to find more things to eBay although I can only list/sell 3 more items until the end of the month. I'm going to make sure I use all 10 items a month even if it's only 99p things ;)

Sweeping the carpets was a lot easier when the others are out the house and not walking through the mess and treading it back where I'd done :p so not as annoyed about no hoover now :rotfl:

I've messaged OH to ask a friend with a van if he can bring the cooker ;) in return for some cake ;)

I'm watching some toddler beds for youngest on ebay and will keep in mind for when the eBay funds are released. The other two have beds that will last for now and me and OH don't really care about us :rotfl:
  • cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    We also used to sleep on the floor when the kids were small. Also used to drag the mattress into the living room every night in winter as it was freezing in the bedroom! Oh happy days. You are doing so well - keep going.
  • Hiddenidenity
    So now we look like this
    Weekly

Outgoings

£113.07 Rent (£15 goes to arrears)

£45 Council tax (Absolute minimum to be paid to clear for 2018 bill being generated)

£30 Gas & Electric (Pay as you go, debt automatically taken from each top up at £7 a week from each meter)

£6 TV license

£20 Virgin/Mobiles (Can't wait to get rid of Virgin)

£15 Bus pass OH work travel

£6.25 School Dinners

Needed for bills £234.75.

Debt minimum payments.

Big fine (OH) £25
    Small fine (me) £5
    Friend £20

Total £50

Not urgent but needed

£10 Aunt
    £10 Mum
    £10 Step dad

Total £30

£314.75 needed before we even food shopping/school expenses/things that crop

Income

OH wage £200 (This is what he plans to 'give' to the pot each week
    Child benefit £48.10
    Tax credits £109

Total £357.10.

Leaves £42.35 for nappies/food shop etc.

Things to catch up on to make above work.

TV license [STRIKE]£24[/STRIKE]
    Mum [STRIKE]£50[/STRIKE] £30
    Council tax [STRIKE]£64[/STRIKE] £44
    [STRIKE]Small Fine £105[/STRIKE]

Debt 16/5/17

Council Tax [STRIKE]£2092.71[/STRIKE] £2066 (£15 paid)
    Fine 1 £1250
    Fine 2 [STRIKE]£200[/STRIKE] £85 (£5 paid)
    Aunt £1000
    Mum £340 + [STRIKE]£87[/STRIKE] £30 (£20 paid)
    Step Dad £1000
    Friend £1379

Total [STRIKE]£7348.71[/STRIKE] £7155 ( £198.71 paid )

Rent arrears [STRIKE]£3381.28[/STRIKE] £3365
  • Hiddenidenity
    edited 19 May 2017 at 1:40PM
    Me and OH arguing again about money and his spending :o beginning to think how much easier it'd be without all his !!!! tbh :(

He's staying at a friends tonight for drinks and computer games. Meaning he won't do the overtime offered tomorrow.

The nearer it gets to half term the more I want my mum to confirm the break away, I think time away is needed, just me and the kids.

Updated above with the things paid etc. Been and done the TV license/gas/electric for this week.

Bank balance £17.74 (need £6.25 school dinners) and I havent topped my phone up yet.
    Savings £30 (the eBay funds waiting to be sent to the debt but for now they're staying where they are.)

Will pay more to the council tax during the week as PayPal funds are released and withdrawn £12.50 from panel base.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am so sorry. I thought he had taken this all on board but obviously not. Can I ask if the gas/electricity has been reduced (was £50 as opposed to £30?). You don't have a lot left but if you can keep paying the bills for the moment maybe the debt advisers can come up with a better plan. Although you're doing so very well yourself (better than most given the circumstances) professionals possibly know something you don't. When is the appointment?
    As for your relationship with OH. Professional help with that as well? I know he won't agree but maybe someone to get things into perspective for you, yourself? If your mother doesn't mention the break do you have a friend or relative you could stay with for half term. Doesn't have to be far away and I think any break would do you good. xx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sorry you and OH have been rowing HI, its not nice when your arguing especially about money.

Great news on the shop with Mr Al though, I keep saying I really should go there more.

Happy Friday xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    He's an a$$ it makes me wonder why I bother :o meh!

I think I'm going to replace my Mr S shop with Aldi all the time now. It's so much cheaper and no one's noticed any difference ;) x
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Would definitely recommend it. We often plan our meals around their super six vegetables. Pity the nappies don't suit the wee one's needs. That would save you such a lot.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hi Hidden, Sorry you and OH have been rowing over money- hope you're going to take advantage of having the house to yourself tonight and have a bit of well deserved 'you time' once the kids have gone down!

There's an Aldi in the town we have just moved to so your post has inspired me to give it a go- always been a Mr L girl, but now that's further away will switch my loyalties (i'm so fickle :p).

Sounds like you are making great progress with paying things off though, and finding the cooker- hope your friend takes the cake bribe to deliver it!

DTD xx
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    So your H (not going to call him DH) gets to keep £85 per week for himself but you get nothing for yourself - there is something wrong here.

Let me just drop in here that if you separated you would get:

£73.10 per week Income Support
    £47.10 Child Benefit
    £189 Child Tax Credit (approx. - give or take £10)
    plus maintenance for 3 kids (I reckon £50 per week)

All your rent paid and nearly all your council tax paid (depends what your area have done with regard to Council Tax Benefit/Reduction)

I know its not about the money but you would be so much better off without him and no one to argue about money with plus you would know all the bills have been paid!!!

He seriously needs to grow up - just wondering when you get to go out with your mates and stay out all night?!?!?

Angry EE!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport