If you have ben on a speed awareness course & with admiral

Comments

• dollywops
    dollywops Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dollywops wrote: »
    Thank you for revisiting this thread, as I had no idea that you had to tell your insurer about a SAC. DD is going on a SAC in 3 weeks time and now I have to tell Admiral. I wonder how much this is going to cost?

Just got off the phone to Admiral. CS advised you don't have to tell them about an SAC, as it does not appear anywhere. However, if you do, it will increase your premium!
  • craggs
    craggs Posts: 256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello, long time since I started this thread, just to the poster above admiral at the time said I had to inform them.what I did was when I was caught I rang to ask ''if I was caught roughly how much would my insurance go up" general question but I didn't no at that point myself as I'd only just gone through the camera,, it was when my renewal come through I excepted it and it got declined, when I called they said it was because I'd made an enquiry and I'd have to make a conference call with the dvla.

After much arguing I admitted all I did was go on a sac, and the rest writes itself..

Btw I had contact with an official in the end at admiral, I emailed complaints and was responded by some director, many emails was passed back and forth before he gave in and removed the sac code from my convictions.

I'm not sure if admiral use this insane code still to generate money but it is a code they used and if it come to it where you needed to claim and they found out you had been on the course they at the time would of maybe declined the insurance.

Even though I had got the code removed in the end they still said they keep it on record for 5 yrs.,
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • Mel2500
    Mel2500 Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    All in the news today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20328860
    that Admiral will increase your premiums if you have attended a SAC.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Although in the news today, they have been doing this for 3 years.
  • craggs
    Just to let people know,I have been asked to go on tonights show about this on bbc radio 5 live investigates,,so tune in freeview channel 705,sky 0105 ,,not sure how much I will be able to get said as there is a lot of response regarding this.

Im just really happy its come to light finally:money:
    Dony worry,be happy...
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    craggs wrote: »
    Just to let people know,I have been asked to go on tonights show about this on bbc radio 5 live investigates,,so tune in freeview channel 705,sky 0105 ,,not sure how much I will be able to get said as there is a lot of response regarding this.

It will be available as a podcast here if you miss it.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'd be interested to know how they'd find out if you didn't tell them.
  • Yorkie1
    Yorkie1 Posts: 11,550 Forumite
    craggs wrote: »

You sounded OK!

One thing which frustrated me about the programme, is that there was an overt acceptance - particularly by callers / texters - that everyone one who accepted the SAC was automatically guilty of the offence.

Nobody has been convicted and therefore what happened to innocent until proven guilty? The SAC is only offered at low % over the limit, and it cannot be assumed that everyone who accepts the SAC would have been convicted at trial if it went to court.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yorkie1 wrote: »
    You sounded OK!

One thing which frustrated me about the programme, is that there was an overt acceptance - particularly by callers / texters - that everyone one who accepted the SAC was automatically guilty of the offence.

Agreed.

I don't understand how insurance companies were gettting sympathy.

If you are sent on SAC you aren't a significant danger to other road users otherwise you would have been charged with something more serious.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • craggs
    Absolutely the most nervous situation I have ever been in,,I just found it so difficult to get my point across,,however the bbc media studios are fantastic inside,,and it was a little experiance.

But I wonder myself now if you didnt tell them about the SAC,,how they would find out,unless they dug really deep whicjh I doubt they would.

If every insurance company was to follow on from admiral then im sure people would take the points.,for some people the course will educate ,it did with me.
    Dony worry,be happy...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport