Employment Lawyer Search

Hi,
I have no experience instructing a lawyer to look into a dispute between my previous employer and I. How do I find a good employment lawyer to begin with?
:beer:

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Personal recommendations. And if you can't get any, you may have to just stick a pin in yellow pages. You'd need someone locally ideally - as gave to face meetings are preferable.

Are you sure that you have a case worth looking at? Solicitors aren't investigators.
  • cr1mson
    cr1mson Posts: 883 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Do you have legal cover through your household insurance?
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    cr1mson wrote: »
    Do you have legal cover through your household insurance?

In many (maybe all?) policies that will only cover costs for you to defend a case against you - not allow you to initiate one against someone else.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MEM62 wrote: »
    In many (maybe all?) policies that will only cover costs for you to defend a case against you - not allow you to initiate one against someone else.

No. You are referring to the cover provided as part of all household insurance policies to cover your liability to third parties.

What is being referred to here is a commonly available add on to cover your legal expenses if you have viable claim against your employer, tradesman etc. Generally comes with a "free" legal help line and covers up to say £50K in legal costs providing they feel you have a better than 50% chance of winning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure