abbey paymentcare

Hello All
Im new to the forum, my question is back in 2001 I took out a mortgage with abbey and they sold me paymentcare to cover unemployment and sickness.
In 2006 I made a claim for 6 months for unemployment to cover part of the cost of the mortgage.
What I need to know is can I still claim this as missold PPI or would the fact I made a claim negate my complaint?
i still have this paymentcare policy open as I was using it to cover my current mortgage, I was only recently made aware it was potentially mis sold as PPI.
Thanks in adavance for any advice.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Out of interest, what would be your complaint reasons for mis sale?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,252 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    , I was only recently made aware it was potentially mis sold as PPI.

Who made you aware of that?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Bertiebob wrote: »

In 2006 I made a claim for 6 months for unemployment to cover part of the cost of the mortgage.
    If you made a claim (which paid out) why do you think the insurance was mis-sold?

Regardless, do be aware that, even if you make a successful complaint, any redress will have the amount you claimed in 2006 deducted from it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure