Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Comments

• Hi EE

Have been reading through your diary again after an absence of quite a few months. I was so pleased to read that your hubby had a positive diagnosis of his migraine issues and is quite the new man! :j

Really enjoyed your NST monthly updates as well. I'll have to go over a take a look and join in for October.

Hope the RTB goes well too!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • £7k is certainly not to be sniffed at!

Well done on giving up a committee. I felt awful when I gave up Beavers, but they don't seem to have missed me and I'm loving the extra time I have Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Still reading here. Do housing associations have the same right to buy as council? Our council became a housing association many years ago, so when I moved in it was already an association?
    Not that I have the funds to buy at the moment, but one never knows what will manifest in time.

Good luck with it all EE
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Mooloo wrote: »
    Still reading here. Do housing associations have the same right to buy as council? Our council became a housing association many years ago, so when I moved in it was already an association?
    Not that I have the funds to buy at the moment, but one never knows what will manifest in time.

Good luck with it all EE

The Government has introduced new rules so people can buy from Housing Associations but there are some strict rules on who can and can't buy.

https://righttobuy.gov.uk/am-i-eligible/housing-association-tenants/
  • £7k is certainly not to be sniffed at!

Well done on giving up a committee. I felt awful when I gave up Beavers, but they don't seem to have missed me and I'm loving the extra time I have Xx

I remember it being discussed on your diary at the time PLMBL. I still can't believe you carried it on for so long after your DH got unwell.

So far I am loving having weekends to myself without worrying about the next fundraiser or what I have to organise for next year.
  • Hi EE

Have been reading through your diary again after an absence of quite a few months. I was so pleased to read that your hubby had a positive diagnosis of his migraine issues and is quite the new man! :j

Really enjoyed your NST monthly updates as well. I'll have to go over a take a look and join in for October.

Hope the RTB goes well too!

Thanks seasidegal - it's nearly a year now since he was diagnosed. Now, if we could just get his depression under control more then life would be even greater!!

I love NST, it's such a positive place, full of support and encouragement.
  • DS deposited at Uni on Sunday - busy day Saturday with running around getting the last of his bits done and packing his clothes etc.

Driving there and back took up all of Sunday.

On Monday he lost his wallet with bank card, ID and money in - luckily it had been handed in and he has been to collect it. All items still there.

Realised that I have been to busy to update YNAB all month and have definitely overspent so need to sort that out. Made a start by printing off my bank statements and just need to add spends to YNAB tomorrow night ready for payday at the end of this week.

No progress on RTB - I haven't heard anything since my last meeting. Will leave it a few weeks and then email her.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    A new era begins :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    Thanks EE.
    Good luck with the financial review.
    I have also got a lot of horns to pull in now after sorting out DS.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Just updating here with my NST challenge for September:

Spends – I managed 15 NSD’s this month.

Eating – Have been eating bits from the freezer but we still have a lot in there (not including the pork). I took lunch into work every day except one.

Presents – Got one present this month for Xmas but have some ideas for others.

Time – I have been taking time for myself, just little bits here and there and am definitely going at a slower pace.

Empty – I sorted the spice drawer and also got rid of some of the alcohol under the sink – I sent it to Uni with DS.

Meet met up with my bestie, we had a fab meal out. Time always flies when we meet up.

Bed– small shed roof not yet fixed, need to find suitable wood – preferably scavenged than paid for!! Did under the bed which took all day!!!

Exercise – Loads of walking with the dogs, even better when its colder as can go further.

Reading – Have managed to read one library book – My Life On a Hillside Allotment by Terry Walton. Terry is the allotment gardener who features on Jeremy Vine’s Radio 2 programme and it was a book about his life and how he got into allotment gardening. I found it fascinating when he talked about the characters on the plot and the community spirit, I am now 2 years into my stint of a newly formed allotment group and it gave me some good ideas.

Budget – massively overspent with DS going to Uni. Did not update YNAB all month.

Didn’t donate to food bank in the end but did partake in a shared meal with fellow smallholders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure