Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 - Freeview

Aldi - Technosonic PVR £99.99 with Freeview

2 Tuners
80 gig hard drive
record whilst watching another programme
Watch a programme later whilst still recording (Time slip)
Much much more.

Thursday 15th December

Official Insert:

A PVR records programmes direct to its hard drive rather than onto external media. This one also has a Freeview box so you can get extra channels. Aldi's offer starts on Thursday 15 December. There's more info about this particular PVR on the Aldi website.
Nice to save.

Comments

• does it have a dvd player too?
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
  • seth
    seth Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    bobdauilda wrote:
    does it have a dvd player too?

These are usually hard disk based and do not usually have a DVD drive.
    They record to the hard disk and this is how they provide the "timeslip" or freeze live TV function.

It has 2 tuners so you should be able to watch one channel and record another.
    Seth.
  • Lidl are doing one with DVD recorder and 160gb hard drive for £149 however it's only available in certain regions. It does time slip but I think it only has one tuner.

From 12/12/05

Click here
  • Fogg1969
    Fogg1969 Posts: 198 Forumite
    That's really cheap. I sold my flaky 20gig Pace Twin yesterday for £100. Given the value of that offering I have to consider myself lucky to have got what I did.

If anybody wants a high end pvr, Boots are currently selling the Inverto one for £200. This is widely regarded as one of the best in the marketplace, bettered only by the Topfield. I bought one to replace my Pace Twin, but am currently waiting for delivery.

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1065137

Triple advantage points, free delivery... Possibly further discounts too, not too sure which codes are still relevant. Cheapest I can find else where is £219. More info on the Inverto here:
    http://www.invertoforum.co.uk/forum/
    ::Quidco.com - £1100 in 11 months. Kerr-ching! ::
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LSD... do you have any further details on this please?... where did you see it as the website isn't updated yet.
  • L.S.D.
    L.S.D. Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    dfarry wrote:
    LSD... do you have any further details on this please?... where did you see it as the website isn't updated yet.

It's on the leaflets in store today..Thursday 7th Dec.To be honest I think I've covered the main things it does, & that seems to be the same as most others.

Twin Tuner 80 gig PVR with Freeview
    Can record 2 channels at the same time whilst watching one of them
    Receives all Freeview channels
    Timeshift function
    DIGITAL RED BUTTON ????
    Interactive Teletext
    Easy set up
    Twin Scarts
    Now & Next information
    Electric Programme Guide (EPG)
    Slimline design.

If it's the same as my 'Digifusion' it should be able to record 2 channels at the same time & watch a previously recorded programme.
    Nice to save.
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    GeoThermal wrote:
    Lidl are doing one with DVD recorder and 160gb hard drive for £149 however it's only available in certain regions. It does time slip but I think it only has one tuner.

From 12/12/05

Click here

The Lidl one doesnt have a freeview tuner, only Analogue.

Kev
  • dfarry
    dfarry Posts: 939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    L.S.D. wrote:
    It's on the leaflets in store today..Thursday 7th Dec.To be honest I think I've covered the main things it does, & that seems to be the same as most others.

Twin Tuner 80 gig PVR with Freeview
    Can record 2 channels at the same time whilst watching one of them
    Receives all Freeview channels
    Timeshift function
    DIGITAL RED BUTTON ????
    Interactive Teletext
    Easy set up
    Twin Scarts
    Now & Next information
    Electric Programme Guide (EPG)
    Slimline design.

If it's the same as my 'Digifusion' it should be able to record 2 channels at the same time & watch a previously recorded programme.

Cheers mate...

Very interesting and makes me question my decision to buy the Samsung DVD-R125....

I need a means to be record but it's not a big deal as I have a PVR on my PC anyway.... but at the same time I need something easy to use for the rest of the family...

The Samsung seemed a good bet plus it has HDMI upscaling.... but then thats no big deal either as my Xbox will play DVD's and upscale to 720p etc... on my LCD...and the Samsung is £200

Perhaps this PVR would be enough...and then I can use the remaining cash to get a new 19" LCD monitor from Aria :j

By the way have you seen this.....DVD recorder with I believe twin DVB tuners and a 200GB hard disk http://www.aldi-essen.de/OFFER_D/OFFER_50/OFF02.HTM
  • waj1234
    waj1234 Posts: 63 Forumite
    By the way have you seen this.....DVD recorder with I believe twin DVB tuners and a 200GB hard disk http://www.aldi-essen.de/OFFER_D/OFFER_50/OFF02.HTM[/QUOTE]

Looks as though that is a twin sat dvb one and not freeview type.

You think the aldi one will have a card slot?
  • b44rch
    b44rch Posts: 128 Forumite
    I can recommend the Humax PVR9200T, had it for a couple of weeks now and it's been pretty good. twin dvb tuners, 160 gb harddisk, and you can record 2 programs and watch certain 3rd channels live!

It's more expensive at around £210, I thinks it's worth it.

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=119
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure