We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

Comments

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Sorry Alfie! As I understand it.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Trying to get up enthusiasm to make supper, but snuggling with the cats is so much nicer!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    :kisses3: :D

It's OK, DW is asleep on the sofa and didn't notice...:rotfl:

I have splashed some sauce over some freedom food chicken pieces, thrown them in the oven and called it "cooking dinner.":A
    I've a feeling it will be accompanied by noodles (4mins) and stir fry (6mins) :D
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    trying to get up enthusiasm to make supper, but snuggling with the cats/dogs is so much nicer!

snap......... :D
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 27 June 2015 at 8:42PM
    Fish are now getting used to their new home, 8 Zebra Danios to start off with - they seem most robust for a newbie.

As I got them from Dobbies, also had a look in the plant hospital and picked up a discounted passion flower, bromeliad, orchid and poppy - the later will get all the foliage shorn off and hopefully will get a 2nd flush.

Also, the plug plants arrived so am potting them on. The flag iris are decent size, so they can do straight into the wettest part of the garden not covered by the french drains.

ef5a930f-031f-4687-aa37-0129e671f7ca_zpsyo60vrtp.jpg
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    LIR - thought is was one of your misspellings.

Nice fish IHS - not sure I would have real ones. I have bought ome glass ones for the bathroom - however.
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    IDE LIKE SOME TROPICAL FISH !
    I never could at last house due to intermittent leccy.. I cant get it into my brain [still!!] that I have POWER 24/7 :rotfl:
    the other night the bulb went in the downstairs loo but thicko here just went into the darkness with a glowing mobile phone ! old habits die hard....:o

id love some gheko's really :D
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    choille.... not sure if you get lovely washed wood on your shores but I saw a lovely thing in a bathroom recently where she had an old plank [washed wood] aprox 30" x 6" and in it ,in a spaced row, was about 4 pegs of hard stumps of washed wood. she had dressing gown and towels hung on it .... looked amazing !
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Fish are now getting used to their new home, 8 Zebra Danios to start off with - they seem most robust for a newbie.

You'll need a bottom feeder or two to clean up; something like a loach. DD2 has one, plus a really ugly, big-headed fish that's at least 10 years old, called Grumpy. It hardly moves and mostly comes out at night.

Grumpy has outlasted all his/her more lively cousins - a real survivor.
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    hiya rozee... you've seen the barrow of wild flowers on here and my FB... those seeds are/were amazing ! they have all self sowed again and also in the garden .. I cant remember the make/company but worth every penny. they do ones for different circumstances.. ie bees, birds etc. I will get make if of use to you.
    Sounds great. Alf. Thanks. I'm about to collapse into bed as OH away and I've been managing (struggling!) on my own the last week. Will catch up with other posts tomorrow, hopefully.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback