When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Finally hit payout on yougov :T :j

I'm not sure what to do with my other sites? Cashout now as I've hit the minimum payout or leave it to build up? What do others do?

MSE Martin's guide says to cash out when you have enough
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Hidden! I've finally caught up with your diary.

I'm sat here pondering on a meal plan and was stuck for what to do with leftover beef after a roast.. So thanks to mummytogirls for mentioning hot beef baguettes/barms. That's added to the weeks after meal plans :D.

You're doing so well Hidden with everything. It's especially hard when unexpected outgoings crop up and even harder to budget for when you already have to watch the pennies.

Hope you've had a lovely day. What was the Mr Ms meat offer? Not that I need to get any meat after sorting out my freezers today :rotfl:

900g joint of beef, 500g mince and I think 500g chicken breast for £10. We have had a really chilled day really ready for back to school tomorrow :( I hate them going to school :rotfl:
    MSE Martin's guide says to cash out when you have enough

I read this after I posted, so have cashed out all where I could :D Thank you :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You put my DD to shame, she's older than you and doesn't have half your sense and maturity. i was like you with 2 kids and a mortgage by 26.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Well morning already, after less than 2 hours sleep I'm not ready for it to be morning.

Just going to finish my 3rd coffee :o and jump in the shower see if it makes me feel any more ready for the day :o

Other half back at work and the bigger kids back at school today :( I will miss the company, but the routine will be nice. The countdown to the Summer holidays as started :D

Today should be a NSD other than school dinners which I got the money out for on Friday and put in DS bag. Have also started the lists for the new uniform needed for September for all 3 of them! My babies going to be at nursery :( She's as ready as me and is in total denial ;) I'm hoping to cover the majority with survey/ebay as I don't have a budget for this :o
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hope you manage to get a cat nap later in the day.

I'm counting down until the summer hols,I love us being at home and I can't wait!

Have a good day.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been thinking about school uniforms as well, first time I've given it any thought this early :A it is such an expense, I've never done surveys but I might try, although I think it's a bit late for it to pay for anything this year, maybe it could help with Christmas.

Hope you have a nice quiet day that isn't just filled with cleaning :p

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can you buy the uniforms at Aldi or George or are they at a school that demands a particular brand. I always found that me son grew out of his before they wore out and it was such ab expense.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Can you buy the uniforms at Aldi or George or are they at a school that demands a particular brand. I always found that me son grew out of his before they wore out and it was such ab expense.

I was looking at George, it looks really good for the price!

Just the pe kit and jumpers/cardigans are logo. The rest can be from anywhere. Usually I get it from my mums Next account and pay her off weekly but its over double the price :eek: I won't be doing that again :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's not quite as bad if you can get most of it from George.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Supermarket stuff for uniforms where you can is definitely a plan isn't it - no sense in paying more than you need for stuff that's just going to get grown outof/ruined through hard wear in no time anyway.

Thanks to whoever posted the simple way of working out percentages too!

Leftover beef works superbly in a stir fry as well - that's usually where any leftovers I have from a joint of beef end up. (Chicken goes to either a curry or a risotto, and lamb usually goes into a couscous type dish with moroccan spices etc!)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business