And now the fuse is lit...

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Ah - but this time it's different - they've got top wonks on the case ;)
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Ah - but this time it's different - they've got top wonks on the case ;)

I'm rather reminded of the quote: "Invest in businesses any idiot could run because someday one will." - Peter Lynch

If it needs a trick unicyclist to run, then it's about as stable as a trick unicycle...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    I'm going to have to reconsider my route, notably not driving through a localish village. Nearly T-boned another Mr Over-Anxious on a roundabout. Since I had to come to a dead stop on the roundabout to avoid hitting him - he was nowhere close. His thoughts of speed were *way* in excess of his speed of thoughts.

Since this isn't the first time this has happened near that village, I'm starting to spot a pattern...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    And in more financy type news. Bought diesel and went to a garage which was 2p cheaper than other local garages - according to petrolprices that is.

Nope...

Still bought some as the warning had come on and was displaying a petrol pump on my dash with pleading little pixels...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Found out my Virgin ISA isn't stoozable. That's a pain...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Continuing the theme of complaining about how much things cost, how expensive are bins?!

I was looking at the ones which go inside a kitchen cupboard - £20...

Alternatively, a 95p Ikea bin and a nail gun... :D

In other news...https://wolfstreet.com/2017/09/27/san-francisco-bay-area-pending-home-sales-plunge-california-pending-home-sales/

I wonder what stunts are going to be pulled over that..?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    Continuing the other theme of going places where they can't drive, I went to Asda today...

Bought a £5 odd kettle to tide me over - I could almost buy 4 for the price of a bin... :eek:

Also apparently you need photo ID to register for a GP. When did that become a thing?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    So now I've bought cheap fridge and freezer. With cashback and Curry's bundle thing I will have saved a couple of quid.

Almost literally a couple of quid... :rotfl:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • ZTD
    I went to a certain 50% off sale yesterday. A bed which I liked the look of, was £599 down from £699.

I was hoping for a bit bigger 50%...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport