PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Waiting for a buyer... Anyone want to join me?

Comments

• bikingbarney
    bikingbarney Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Squabbling over 10k in this economic climate is madness, take the 180 or 185 and sell the thing!

Why would I want to do that if I am after closer to 200 for it.

Im not in a chain and dont have to sell.

People are using the brexit thing to much in my opinion when nothing has been signed yet and wont do for 2 years.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Why would I want to do that if I am after closer to 200 for it.

Im not in a chain and dont have to sell.

People are using the brexit thing to much in my opinion when nothing has been signed yet and wont do for 2 years.

Just wait until Italy blows up, you will wish you took the 180 then IMO. BTW if you don`t have to sell, then why are you selling?
  • bikingbarney
    bikingbarney Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2016 at 6:11PM
    We have the option of renting it out again, then look at selling in 3 - 4 years time.

Ours is the only 4 bed for sale in the area within a 3 mile radius from 150-239k.

the next two 4 beds are on at offers over 240k (one of which is only 1m2 bigger than ours and the other is 10m2 smaller)
  • Well done Hammergirl, great news.

We had our 5th set of viewers on Friday, lady on her own, loved the house and views but the garden was too big!

Oh well, what will be will be!

Lets see what this new week brings, good luck everyone

321 xxx
    REPAYMENT PLAN
    Barclaycard £6700 0% repaying at £300 pm
    LOAN [STRIKE]£14000[/STRIKE] £9352 - DFD September 2022
  • Send her my way. Our garden is too small.
  • jimpix12
    jimpix12 Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Smallholdingsister I suspect until you reassess your price expectations you won't sell. I remember you blaming it on your partner, but I have noticed you are thanking all posts that talk prices up, but never down... :-S
    "The only man who makes money from a gold rush is the one selling the shovels..."
  • I suspect you might be right.
    How kind of you to pay so much attention to what I am doing.
    I am thanking people who post politely and supportively in the spirit of the thread.

Isn't that what husbands are for anyway?
  • jimpix12
    jimpix12 Posts: 1,095 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I suspect you might be right.
    How kind of you to pay so much attention to what I am doing.
    I am thanking people who post politely and supportively in the spirit of the thread.

Isn't that what husbands are for anyway?

It just seems a bit odd to me that you won't lower the price because your husband won't let you but you go on here thanking only those posts that talk about things selling quickly and upping prices. Being supportive isn't telling people only what they want to hear... No disrepect.

Anyway I'll get back in my shell ... :beer:
    "The only man who makes money from a gold rush is the one selling the shovels..."
  • It's fine to suggest lowering the price. It's not fine when some posters (not aimed at you) only suggest that and to every poster. It's not fine when some posters (again not aimed at you) are rude in posting.

It is true, of course, that if we dropped the price 50k we would all be moved in a month. To work, that would depend on the vendors of places we want to buy being prepared to drop by a comparable amount. That is not the case and so we wait.
  • copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    House went on the market on Friday, viewing Saturday and an offer today. I haven't accepted yet even though very close to asking price (EA said to try and get a little bit more) but now panicking a bit!

Very stressful all this - and despite looking for a while we haven't seen anything we like at all yet!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business