Sweetdaisy's aim to be mortgage-free

Options

Comments

• sweetdaisy
    sweetdaisy Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all. It's one less thing on my mind to worry about at least :).
  • megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    What a relief - things seem to be getting sorted for you.
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    sweetdaisy wrote: »
    I didn't get short listed for interview with the Local Authority job I applied for :(, but hopefully something will come up soon.

I am now somewhat confused! After phoning the Local Authority HR department last week and being informed that I was unsuccessful in getting short-listed for interview, I received an email today informing me that I have been short-listed for interview, which will be in a few weeks?

I have not responded yet as I need to book the day off first when I return to work on Monday. Just seems strange that a week ago I was unsuccessful in getting an interview and now I have one!

If there is anyone on here who works for a Local Authority and deals with Councillors, I could do with some advice ;).
  • southerndave
    Options
    Perhaps someone pulled out who was on their shortlist and they reviewed your application? Good luck with it, if its what you want....?!
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Perhaps someone pulled out who was on their shortlist and they reviewed your application? Good luck with it, if its what you want....?!

Thanks. It sounds like my 'ideal' job. It's within the same sector that I currently work and is a lot closer to home. Will have to spend the next couple of weeks revising more about the job role etc. I have already drafted the prioritisation exercise that I was sent, but will re-read over the next few days to check that I am confident in the order I have chosen.
  • southerndave
    Options
    I don't really understand what you just said, lol! But I guess its part of the process. Personally I hate the whole job application/test/interview process and from my experiences in the work place, it clearly doesn't get the right people in the right roles anyway. I'd prefer a more honest, straight forward and simple route to offering people work and them taking it, it is after all a straightforward mutually beneficial financial transaction: labour/skills in return for money. But then I am probably too simple for my own good! :-)
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    I don't really understand what you just said, lol! But I guess its part of the process.

It's a new one for me too :rotfl:! As part of the interview process I have been given a scenario i.e. I have been off work for a few days and when I return there is a list of tasks that need to be done on that day. I have to prioritise 10 tasks in order of urgency and write 1) how I would complete the actions and 2) why I have placed it in a particular order. I need to complete this prior to interview and take it with me on the day to discuss it with the panel.

I have never even heard of one of these exercises before, so have no idea if I have done it in the right order, but I suppose that as long as I have confidence in explaining my answers I should be Ok (I hope!).
  • southerndave
    Options
    LOL! That's exactly what I mean. The test will define those who can perform tests very well, but actually doing the job in everyday reality is often very different. I think this explains why good people sometimes don't get good jobs and numpties end up in management.

Whatever happens I wish you luck and you have already said the key to ALL successes in life: confidence.
  • sweetdaisy
    Options
    Usual Sunday shift of monies done between accounts. Had an underspend this week in our 'spending' account of £27, so divided this up amongst our savings pots.

DS2 has decided that he no longer wants to wear his nappy, but is not ready for potty training, as he is pulling off his nappy after he has done a wee :eek:. All he wants to do is sit on the toilet, so think I'll have to get some pull-up pants for him. Thank heavens we have laminate flooring downstairs as he is going to be weeing everywhere!
  • sweetdaisy
    edited 10 August 2013 at 11:10PM
    Options
    Worked 4 days this week, which was lovely. I caught up with my household jobs on my day off, which has made a big difference in my constant battle with housework.

Took the children to an organised event in a Country Park today and took a picnic with us. Only had a £4 spend on ice-creams, as entry was free for the event and I have a car park season ticket :).

I need to start buying DS1 new school uniform items next week. It's going to cost around £80 as all his jumpers, polo shirts and sports t-shirts have to have the school emblem on them.

Total overpayments so far for August is £109 and I have £113 in the mortgage savings 'pot'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure