Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    :eek: to the car hand brake. It's the wrong time of year for things to go wrong, isn't it :(. I hope nothing else goes wrong for you.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    :mad: to the car, why do these things happen at the worst possible time.

Hope your managing to keep warm now your boilers fixed.

Take care xx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Morning MTG,

Boo to the car, hope it's not too expensive to fix. xx
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Had a mixed day today, mostly good! Woke up at 5am with a raging headache, felt really horrendous but too busy to be unwell at the moment. Had DD1s last carol concert... sob! Cant believe she's done her last Christmas thing at Primary, so sad for this! Was lovely though.
    Mentally busy at work and feeling on the edge already for tomorrow as so much to do before I break up and every job seems as important as the next. Will just have to crack on and see what I can get done... that will be all well and good until people start requesting other things and tipping me over.
    Had a bit of a burst of energy whilst cooking tea and tidied the kitchen. Had a bath and now sat down and not planning on moving for the rest of the night.

Thanks HHOD, Pennywise and PMO2, so annoying I know! I still don't have the bill, this garage are too busy to produce them straight away so no idea how much I owe! Dont know if anyone has one of these but its an electric handbrake not your usual manual one. These cars are all well and good until something electrical goes on them! Apparently they can be quite problematic too. The garage isn't sure if its something to do with the cold weather as it was extremely cold here that night. Saying that I've had the car nearly 3 years and I've not had a problem until now.

DD2 has a dance show tomorrow so again its rush around tomorrow, hence why I'm not moving tonight! Really need to go shopping too but we have snow forecast so might just hang fire on that one!

Hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope the hand brake isn't too expensive, annoying not to know.

Glad you're sitting down resting now :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

... and sit down!!! I have now finished work for 2.5 weeks :j. Had planned a nice glass of wine but not really feeling it tonight so have a cuppa and chocolates instead :D. Cracked on with the housework and house is sparkling now. DH is out on his works night out and the girls are chilling in their rooms.

We went to Mr Al's straight after the school run and spent £37 so I literally have not stopped since opening my eyes this morning.

Still haven't received the bill for the car so will chase it up next week as really need to know how much I'm looking at.

Weve had really bad black ice round here, poor DD2 came sliding back down the street this morning :eek:. I haven't been able to park my car on the street for over a week!!

So tomorrow I need to take DD1 to football just incase DH is worse for wear. No other real plans other than that.

Happy weekend and Christmas holidays all xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you've finished work and are feeling chilled MTG :beer:.

Your black ice sounds horrendous :eek:, we've had sunshine all day today after yesterday's sunshine and showers, and no ice or snow luckily.

Have a lovely weekend :). What are your plans for the week leading up to Christmas?
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

A lovely unplanned chill morning today. Got up and DD started getting ready for football and then it was called off as the pitch was too frozen! Have sat watching Saturday morning TV, eating toast and drinking tea :D. Its the little things isn't it!!!

Today we need to go and collect DH's car from work and pick up some chicken for tea but if we actually don't end up leaving the house it won't be the end of the world! Was going to make a chinese chicken curry for tea but will see if we get out for chicken first!!!

Just put another load of washing in and another lined up for after. Will probably have an hours worth ironing to do by the end of today but not rushing. DH just making us bacon sandwiches for lunch.

HHOD, the ice was soooo bad! One of our TA's fell on her way into school and banged her head. The first day DD2 fell on the way into her school and yesterday was twice as bad. Im so frightened of falling and hurting myself. So glad you avoided it!!! Its just so dangerous.

Thats about all from me. Had a text from one of the mums at dance asking us to contribute towards the dance teachers present. Will be glad when its over... bah humbug ha xx
    Mummytogirls x

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The ice has been crazy here too! It's raining today though so I hope it clears it. I'm surprised I haven't been on the floor - quite a few near misses much to smalls amusement they think it's hilarious :cool:

Have a lovely weekend MTG x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Happy holidays :T. Have the girls finished too? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts