A miffed seller?

Bought a new book SRP £25 (£15 on Amazon) for 99p plus £1.99 p&p. I was the only bidder after a week. It’s a good few days over due now.

Was wondering.... if the seller got miffed at having to sell the book so cheaply could they just not send it so the buyer gets a refund for a not received item?

Just wondering if this would be a known/common seller tactic?

I do feel bad to a point but I was unable to pay more as I was the only bidder. My max bid was £8.
Cheers

Comments

• mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    You shouldn't feel bad. If the seller wasn't happy with the start price then they shouldn't have started it at 99p. Sadly it is a common thing for it to get lost in the post if it doesn't reach right price. Auctions are pretty much dead in my opinion. People would rather hit buy it now. You can get some bargains through auctions if you are lucky.

If it has passed the delivery date then I would contact the seller. There may be a genuine reason it hasn't arrived yet. But it does look like it sold too cheaply
  • As above. Perhaps watch to see what they list in the next few days/weeks and bid again!
  • mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Sadly it is a common thing for it to get lost in the post if it doesn't reach right price.
    Thought so!!! Will leave it till Monday which is a week over due on 2nd class post.

From a buyers perspective what would you do? Leave negative feed back? Seller has 100% on just over 150 items.

Cheers
  • Thought so!!! Will leave it till Monday which is a week over due on 2nd class post.

From a buyers perspective what would you do? Leave negative feed back? Seller has 100% on just over 150 items.

Cheers

It could be lost.

The seller may not have sent it.

From a seller's POV it is better for them to say they sent it than not. That's why.

What feedback you leave is down to you. Hence why I said watch and see what's listed. You don't have to rush to leave feedback and the item could be lost in the post.

Perhaps you will never know. Karma.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport