£8,000 from YouTube

Here's a little incentive for all of you thinking about starting YouTube.

4 years ago I uploaded a simple "How to Solve a Rubik's Cube". After then I completely forgot about the YouTube channel. Around a year ago that video went viral scoring approximately 9 million views. After logging into my Google AdSense (luckily I set it up before I went inactive) I find I have a new balance, £8000 (not exactly since YouTube guidelines states I'm not allowed to state how much I earn). I am basically earning £12 a day now from that video online and so far this month Iv'e made £400! And I didn't even know it until a few days ago.

I can not guarantee anything like this will ever happen again but it was very nice logging in and seeing I've made eight grand :)

Comments

• Amazing! I bet that was a surprise!
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • Yep, sure was!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I didn't realise people still played with Rubik's Cubes
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • AndyCF
    AndyCF Posts: 748
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Excellent erm "bonus" at any time :) More so at this time of year. Well done! :D
  • PKaurK
    PKaurK Posts: 52 Forumite
    That's fantastic, congrats!
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    itsharveyr wrote: »

4 years ago I uploaded a simple "How to Solve a Rubik's Cube". After then I completely forgot about the YouTube channel. Around a year ago that video went viral scoring approximately 9 million views. After logging into my Google AdSense (luckily I set it up before I went inactive) I find I have a new balance, £8000 (not exactly since YouTube guidelines states I'm not allowed to state how much I earn). I am basically earning £12 a day now from that video online and so far this month Iv'e made £400! And I didn't even know it until a few days ago.

I can not guarantee anything like this will ever happen again but it was very nice logging in and seeing I've made eight grand :)

£400 a month, that's £9,600 a year.

Time to register as self-employed and declare your earnings to
    HMRC.:)

https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader
  • firefox1956
    firefox1956 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    antrobus wrote: »
    £400 a month, that's £9,600 a year.

Time to register as self-employed and declare your earnings to
    HMRC.:)

https://www.gov.uk/set-up-sole-trader

Do it before somebody shops you to HMRC..........
    ;);)
  • andrewsummers
    andrewsummers Posts: 386
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 May 2018 at 11:28AM
    itsharveyr wrote: »

Bit of a mega bump but do you have over 1000 subscribers?
  • HeyG
    HeyG Posts: 4 Newbie
    Google AdSense - do you have to set that up manually? As in did you get a notification and then you set it up?
  • Wow! I'm gonna sign up now and start making some videos looooool
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport