Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You are doing fab DIA. We all need down days so we bounce back and kick butt.

Soon you will be done with debt and have so much freedom. You keep me going.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • You are doing fab DIA. We all need down days so we bounce back and kick butt.

Soon you will be done with debt and have so much freedom. You keep me going.
    And you keep me going :)
    ...Done with Debt ' might be my new diary name when I start a new diary post debt :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 August 2017 at 6:04PM
    GOALS for this week
    Financially fit in the future
    [STRIKE]Return items to 2 shops to get £41 back[/STRIKE] I got back £35
    Frog of the week
    [STRIKE]Send PPI letter to bank regarding my mortgage[/STRIKE].went through all statements and I never had it ever
    Treat of the week
    [STRIKE]Meeting a friend after work for a catch-up[/STRIKE] Friend cancelled and I didn't do a nice thing :(
    Investment in health and well being goal
    [STRIKE]1 x swim and steam session[/STRIKE] treadmill and shower instead
    [STRIKE]1 x 1 hour health tests and nutrition appointment[/STRIKE]
    Written correspondence of the week
    [STRIKE]Download a pay claim form, complete and send in.[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Send off receipt and claim form for £8[/STRIKE]

I did well with my goals this week :T

Today

I went to Mooji. I love that shop. I needed little containers for gym toiletries so I am not lugging full sized products around. I bought a wash bag that has a little hanger and lots of compartments. I plan to keep this topped up so it can double up as a ready made travel bag too.

I bought some right angle socks that are so comfortable. I will buy these in future. I needed a T shirt for the gym and found one for a fiver on sale in Un1quo, another great shop.

The gym and the sunshine did me good. I am still getting used to exercise so I did 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I will do the same tomorrow but it take up a level. I see the personal trainer tomorrow and a 12 week programme will be drawn up. Loved the shower. :) I still do not have flip flops for the shower so fingers crossed I do not get a verruca!

I am still adjusting re the gym. I noticed I can use my new phone’s headset to listen to the TV screens. It’s tempting to listen think I will be able to watch a nice, big TV as I sweat.

I had eggs and beans for breakfast and this took me all the way through to 4.30pm when I ate salmon and veggies and quinoa.

I am eating chocolate but it is a 70% dark 35g bar.

I hope you had a good day reader :)

Off to create my new week's goals...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    All sounding good DIA :)

I think I have a hanging travel bag like the one you mentioned - it's really good. I also like their jewellery boxes and hangers and... and... I love that shop :rotfl:

Rosa xx
    Save
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    edited 14 August 2017 at 9:10AM
    Morning Campers!

Wishing you all a positive week :)

Goals for this week

Financially fit in the future
    Chase additional payment from teaching
    Make a list of any loans or cards over the past 20 years to check PPI
    Find out about paying backdated NI contributions for the years I was self employed as this will be abolished in April 2018

Investment in health and wellbeing
    4 x 45 minute fitness sessions
    Eat a hot egg based breakfast every day
    Get hospital tests done
    Make a GP appointment and book time off from work to attend

Written correspondence of the week
    Send out 3 ‘have I ever had PPI with you?’ letters

Frog of the week
    Get the steam cleaner out and clean floors and washing machine rubber bits.
    Clean under the sink cupboard
    Tackle the garden (do at least 4 hours)

Treat of the week
    Kew Gardens for the afternoon with a friend

Have a lovely day :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Looks like a well balanced list.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Your lists put me to shame, DIA! They're very organised and very balanced - getting !!!!!! done but enjoying yourself at the same time. i wish you well with your list for this week :)

How are you finding the gym and building it into your weekly routine?
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    JoJoC wrote: »
    How are you finding the gym and building it into your weekly routine?

JoJo, I don’t find fitting in the gym easy at all but I am hoping it soon becomes part of my routine and this will change. So far, instead of evenings where I watch TV and relax I now go to the gym and exercise instead. If I'm lucky I am home for 9 and watch a bit of telly and wind down

After a day of walking around with my gym bag and water I have decided not to try and gym on a working, or on out and about days. If I stick to WFH days and days I don’t work that gives me 4 days a week of exercise and I will hit my target.:)

I still do not have the following key items and I have run out of money so they will have to wait for payday:-

flipflops
    swimming costume
    swimming hat

I could also do with a second gym kit as washing and drying outside will not be an option when the weather changes.

Today is a WFH day :)

Tasks
    Washing done and drying outside
    Washing up X1X1X1
    Clean and bleach kitchen side board
    Clean cooker hob

Off to the gym tonight. I ate my main meal at lunchtime so packing apples and a flask of nice tea to have after my gym session. I will come home, do teeth and watch Trust Me on the telly. It is rubbish but good rubbish. Planning on falling asleep straight after.

I hope your day went well reader :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm so impressed by the gym visits. It's something I could never into. Four days a week sounds a sensible amount of exercise, giving you time to recover.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    I'm so impressed by the gym visits. It's something I could never into. Four days a week sounds a sensible amount of exercise, giving you time to recover.
    Ha, you wouldn't be impressed if you saw me. I am so unfit. I can only manage four 30 minute sessions and I so wanted those to be 45 minute sessions :(
    However, just home from the gym and it felt so good afterwards today :)
    Will up it to 45 minutes next week :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills