PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Have you put the central heating on yet?

Options

Comments

• Witless
    Options
    Sorta. Not on at the moment, but timer / thermostat set for the morning for 30 mins. (I'm convinced the mercury is telling me lies: there's no way that it's 11°C here, it's raw!)
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Put it on-house feels very cold. It`s on a timer for early morning and evening.
  • coffeehound
    Options
    It strange how quickly the indoor temperature plummets when it's raining outside. Wet days are when I always feel like putting some heating on so it was on yesterday and overnight.
  • purpleybat
    Options
    heating doesn't go on til late October unless it gets REALLY cold.
    I didn't spend hours a few years ago knitting blankets not to use them when it's a bit nippy :)
    sorting energy bills today has convinced me that more thermals will be worn this year rather than putting heating on.
    oh and after british gas left us with no heating and hot water in the middle of winter the other year, I can confirm that a woolly bobble hat in the house does keep you more toasty
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always have mine on a thermostat, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would choose to be cold, I'll always pay to be warm. Then again I have been truly cold living in the field.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Heating went on last night for an hour. It was windy and raining outside, the house felt uncomfortable, even though I had my dressing gown on. Just an hours blast did the trick. Plus now I know my boiler is working well.
  • Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I put our heating on for an hour yesterday mainly to test it worked as knowing my luck there will be a cold snap and the heating wouldn't come on! I used the opportunity to get some washing dry on the radiators so put it on again for an hour in the evening. Done the same today. I normally have a rule that it doesn't get put on until October!
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last night for a couple of hours as I had guests and we were in the front room which is North facing so chilly. I've not had it on today as weather is better but if the forecast is correct for the next few days it will be going on low for a few hours each day to curb the chill/damp.
  • LadyhavershamLost
    Options
    Biggies (17 & 15) have been swanning around in t-shirts - asking to put heating on - told them to put a jumper on!

Am not putting heating on until at least half term if possible.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am not putting heating on until at least half term if possible.

Good for you!

When is half term though? Tomorrow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family