IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Options

Comments

• dollydaydream1
    Options
    Has anyone to your knowledge ever gone to court when they have completely ignored all the letters?

Is there a pattern? I have recieved a notice prior to county court proceedings suggesting I have failed to pay my parking ticket (which I know it is not!)

Hopefully getting near the end now.....
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Has anyone to your knowledge ever gone to court when they have completely ignored all the letters?

Is there a pattern? I have recieved a notice prior to county court proceedings suggesting I have failed to pay my parking ticket (which I know it is not!)

Hopefully getting near the end now.....
    1) OPC have done this about 25 times and in each one they lost, can't think why they don't give up.
    2) Do I read your post to say you paid their invoice or do you mean the ticket to park on the day?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • weelal123
    Options
    I received a letter from civil enforcement ltd. yesterday looking for £150 fine. This is my first letter and states I never paid the previous amount so therefore has increased. It doe not state where I was parked... I really do not know what to do. I want to phone them but then I'm not sure if that is also a scam just to get money off me.

Please help,

Lauren x
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Please read all the previous posts above and you will see that its perfectly reasonable to just ignore them and all their increasingly threatening letters. All are a waste of paper and have no basis in law.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Two choices.....

Pay up.

Receive several sheets of toilet paper [aka PPC invoices/letters].

So if you are frightened by the thought of getting some computer generated letters then I suggest you pay up immediately.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooopsadaisy's reply is tongue-in-cheek. No-one should fall for it and pay!

Yes it is a scam just to get money from you. You DO NOT want to phone them!

Do not appeal, do not ring, do not contact them, do not tell them who was driving.

Ignore it and ignore the debt collector letters which follow (honestly, it is safe to ignore as this is NOT a real fine and the debt collectors are NOT bailiffs). It is a cowboy industry resorting to threats to scare people into paying a demand that you, as the registered keeper, have NO reason to pay.

Click on my link in my signature, settle down and read a good few threads starting at the top, looking at the Watchdog link and the copies of the letters that you will be sent. Read as many threads as it takes until you understand this is a generic scam carried out every day in retail parks around the Country, with NO FINE actually ever existing in reality.

Ignoring the whole letter-series is quite fun once you KNOW it's a scam! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon, looks like your anti-PPC sig has been zapped by the great brand-value protection agents.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Since my letter on 19th November (which was dated 11th, and gave me 7 days to reply) I haven't heard anything else, so I think they gave up
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Good for you. Now spread the word that PPC 'fines' are legally unenforceable and get payback!
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »
    Coupon, looks like your anti-PPC sig has been zapped by the great brand-value protection agents.

Errrrrmmm...could it be due to the link? But it was a link to an MSE board!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure