How do you identify cgildren's presents under tree?

Just being nosey,really,but also looking for different ideas.....
When the presents are under the tree,on Christmas morning,when children are looking for their own presents under the tree,how does everyone identify whose is what?
I have 4 children,age 7-14,and probably only one true believer amongst them.A couple of years ago,so we weren't using our (identifiable) hand-writing,each child's presents had a different colour sticker on them so we knew whose each present was.
Was just looking for a different way of doing it this year.
Thank you
SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

Comments

• Putting labels on them with their names on seems to work
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yeah,like I say,I was looking for different ideas,so my sort-of-but-not -quite-maybe believing younger children could not say "Oh,this is Mum's hand-writing,not Santa's.Santa doesn't exist-it's really mum and dad".
    But thank you :beer:

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have different wrapping paper for each child.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • I use a different paper for each person no need to write labels
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    only having the one child its not something I have thought about but you raise a good point.

Think I would type out names in a fancy font (maybe a different font for each child) and stick those to the tags.

BTW haven't you left it a bit late :eek: you do know Santa needs to deliver tonight :D
  • Or you could buy some bells, ribbons, etc and put the same item on a particular child's present
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Saver-upper
    Thank you everyone for answering.Some great ideas there :j.Bells or ribbons sounds particularly cute.
    My youngest will be 8 next month,so I guess by next Christmas I won't have any true believers :(.

• Saver-upper

BTW haven't you left it a bit late :eek: you do know Santa needs to deliver tonight :D

Oh,iammumtoone,I do this to myself every year!
    I only started Christmas shopping the first weekend in December,and with working school hours,I don't have much opportunity to nip out shopping without the kids wondering where I am.I should wrap as I buy,but I don't :o
    Every year,I keep telling myself that this year,I will not be sitting up til ridiculous hours on Christmas eve wrapping presents.And here we are!
    I remember clearly that last year,OH and I went to bed at 4.40am :eek::eek::eek::eek:,and if I recall correctly,the year before was about 3am :eek::eek:.(I am a night-owl anyway,but even by my standards,these are stupid hours.I guess by the time they are all in bed asleep (eldest two are nearly 15,and 13),then I drag out all the pressies from their different hiding spots,and the wrapping paper,I would easily spend 4 hours wrapping while watching tv.It's like a Christmas tradition in the saver-upper household :D.
    This year,having snatched an hour here and there over the last 2 days to wrap,I might be able to manage an early night.Say,2.30 am :rotfl::rotfl:.
    Thanks again for your thoughts,everyone.
    Merry Christmas xx

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We have a large box per person. Big or small parcels all get shovelled in & the really awkward things are boxed as postcards - "look at the end of the garden path at 2pm" etc...

We wrap the boxes in different paper some years to add fun.

Fingers crossed your older children do not spoil the fun for the believer for another year!
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,149 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I went for different wrapping paper, a few years ago after getting sick of writing tags out. This year DD has nutcracker and emoji paper. DH has holly and DS has paper that is plain except for Christmas messages on it. Bet they still get confused tomorrow, and the 'kids' are teenagers. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure