The 1% Challenge - 100 ways to make your 1%

Comments

• angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all, been lurking and have quick question about selling clothes by weight- do they need to be in good condition? Many thanks :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    happytails - that's excellent paying off your loan, well done and what a boost eh? :T

I've paid £125 off the car today so 5% paid so far, woo-hoo! This debt now stands at £2375, hoping to pay twice as much next week but I have to be mindful of some cheques hitting my account so will have to wait until the end of next week.
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Now up 11% off debt 1 thanks to someone finally paying on ebay. Still expecting/awaiting another 2% from there though.

Regarding weighing in clothes the ones near me ask them to be in good condition, no rips or stains etc. I haven't actually weighed any in yet though so can't say whether they scrutinise every single item or not.
    £20 a day April 2014 £834.87/£600 :j
    £20 a day May 2014 £108.45/£600
  • braddy970
    braddy970 Posts: 271 Forumite
    Hi Little miss x please could you put me down for £3000, my c/c debt so 1% = £30 x
    The 1% Challenge #76 - Debt 1 = £620 - 1% = £6.20 - 4.3%
    Debt 2 = £1600- 1% = £16 - 0%
    Debt 3 = £1012 - 1% = £10.12 0%

Pay all your debt by Xmas 2016 #130- £465.86/£7636.46 - 6.1 %
    Make £10 a day ~ Jan £182.49, Feb £373.65
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone and welcome to all the new 1%'s - great to have you xx :)

Well done happytails on reaching your 100% - bet your feeling good :T:T:T:T

Well I can finally report that I am off the mark on my 3rd journey of 100% - I done my craft fairs on Sun and Tues and have just paid in and transferred over £60 :j. I actually took just under £150 over the two days but then had to pay stall costs and I have decided to keep some back for extra spending money for the holiday so:-

Member 17 = 1% of third target reached

Now I'm off and running again hopefully there will be no stopping me (well apart from the small matter of the three week holiday which is coming up very soon ;))

Keep up teh good work and inspiration guys xx
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks guys, I am most pleased but things will be very tight money wise until the 19th (when we get our child benefit) then we only have to get to the 29th which is payday.

Need to crack on making the birthday presents and cards for the birthdays this month. Got my nan and my grandad to make for and a 5 year old to buy for but going to wait for that one til i get CB on 19th (his birthday is 21st).

Any money i make this month will be going towards living costs but ill keep a note of it and then pay it to Debt 2 on payday. So far, £22 sale of unused travel cot, £10 off a friend for some clothes - £32 (1.5%)

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Having had a slow few moths % wise I have decided to challenge myself to a 5 a day challenge. See my diary here:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4484691

Basically I am setting myself a target to do at least 5 things a day in order to save /earn some cash / vouchers etc.

The little things seem to add up in time and so hopefully this will help keep me on track to reaching my third 100% target. Of course I will still post my % updates and ideas on this thread (for what they are worth) but it would be great if some of you would also join me on my new diary journey xx
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • ellesbellesxxx
    ellesbellesxxx Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all!
    Well, I mentioned this briefly on last thread but this is where am at...

2013 of great changes!
    We have bought a house, however unless we can sell my OH's house before June we will be renting it out. In order to do this, we have borrowed 8000 off family to make up shortfall. Hoping to have some of this left by June plus we will add to it with earnings before then (not many out goings at the moment due to living in OH's house)

The other great change is after being so stressed and unhappy, that I have changed my work situation - going part time after Easter and also have taken up some other projects and work elsewhere! I am taking a 9000 pay cut, but hoping this will be less by time I get other work and maybe some supply too.

As well as that, my first original 1% challenge was saving up for the lump payment on my car so that I don't have to take out a loan to pay off balance.

Also, have had money on CC on 0% deal so to keep money in ISA.

So... until today my totals were:

debt 1: 8000
    Debt 2: 2500 (CC)
    Lump sum: 2500 (already saved 800 so 32%)

However, want to pay CC off well before June so today... I paid off 1000 - 40%.

New totals

Debt 1: 8000
    Debt 2: 2500 (40%)
    "Debt 3": 2500 (32%)

Really glad we are back over here yaaaaaay!

Well done to all x
    :rotfl:
  • rexelpink
    rexelpink Posts: 213 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Hi everyone, can I join in please?
    I read through nearly your whole previous thread last night and was so inspired I stayed up making my own 'square chart' to colour in as I go. :-)

We've currently got £13,445.23 in debts (sob)
    It was 20,000 in 2008, and I have worked really hard to get it down by the 6.5k that we have already in the last 4.5 years, but its sooo slooow... and I don't ever have enough to buy nice things, many days out etc. (we didn't even have a honeymoon in 2009 when we got married I was so determined not to overspend on our budget)

Today I have spoken and written to my bank and resubmitted my request for bank charges to be reclaimed. I have also bitten the bullet and gone for PPI both with my bank (I was worried to do this before, incase they closed my account and wanted the remainder of my loan upfront which I couldnt do! - But I phoned the FOS and they assured me they cannot do that)
    I also had a bit of a brain jolt and remembered that I had a few store cards about 12 years ago... Phoned Santander and it turns out I had 6!!! (eek) They couldnt see if there was PPI as they were from so long ago, but they have given me the address to write to which I have done tonight as well.

I guess my question would be, (apart from can I join lol) does anyone else have as high a 1% as £135? It just seems impossible (and I feel a bit deflated... )

Should I split my debts, and look at them individually as 1% at a time?

Sorry if I seem confused... Appreciate any thoughts - Thanks
    Staring debt - June 2013 - £21,000
    Current debt - February 2018 - £11,378.60

Emergency fund £500 / 100%

Debt free one day at a time
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi,

I divide mine up and focus on one at a time. Ie CC is one debt, loan is debt 2 etc etc

Ive cleared 2 debts already, i feel ive accomplished more that way :j

sarah x

rexelpink wrote: »
    Hi everyone, can I join in please?
    I read through nearly your whole previous thread last night and was so inspired I stayed up making my own 'square chart' to colour in as I go. :-)

We've currently got £13,445.23 in debts (sob)
    It was 20,000 in 2008, and I have worked really hard to get it down by the 6.5k that we have already in the last 4.5 years, but its sooo slooow... and I don't ever have enough to buy nice things, many days out etc. (we didn't even have a honeymoon in 2009 when we got married I was so determined not to overspend on our budget)

Today I have spoken and written to my bank and resubmitted my request for bank charges to be reclaimed. I have also bitten the bullet and gone for PPI both with my bank (I was worried to do this before, incase they closed my account and wanted the remainder of my loan upfront which I couldnt do! - But I phoned the FOS and they assured me they cannot do that)
    I also had a bit of a brain jolt and remembered that I had a few store cards about 12 years ago... Phoned Santander and it turns out I had 6!!! (eek) They couldnt see if there was PPI as they were from so long ago, but they have given me the address to write to which I have done tonight as well.

I guess my question would be, (apart from can I join lol) does anyone else have as high a 1% as £135? It just seems impossible (and I feel a bit deflated... )

Should I split my debts, and look at them individually as 1% at a time?

Sorry if I seem confused... Appreciate any thoughts - Thanks
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills