Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've complained bitterly about this to them over the last couple of weeks or so and couldn't get an answer of who gets picked, it's just that I'm not eligible.

I genuinely don't understand what they could garner from it, surely anyone receiving an email or letter from them with the offer to continue their (say) 60% offer for 12 months on a rolling monthly contract aren't going to object? What useful data would they gather?

All it's done in my case is seriously tee me off and after various communications make me determined to leave them.

I assume that they think that by extending the offer, they will build customer loyalty and these people will either pay full price in 12 months time or prove easier (=more profitable) to retain. Wouldn't work with me tho':rotfl:
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Boohoo.......My suggestion is to keep trying.

I must have been lucky. I put in my 30 days notice to cancel and later that day, I went on live chat and got 50% off TV.

You could try bluffing it if you watch sky sports. Ttalk were doing some very good deals for Sky sports. Try giving them a call and see what prices thy are charging. Then speak to Sky to see if they will match it. Good luck.

I tried again this morning live chat and half way through the chat i had a de ja vue moment and went through the live chat while waiting for the advisor to answer me and the advisor was the same person i got last week and her/his question/replies were nearly word for word from last weeks transcript.
    I got offered 40% off (same as last week) and was told thats all i will ever get and he said i chatted to me last week and told me all this and today is the same deal and no more will be offered.
    I left the chat and will leave for now.
  • john-306
    john-306 Posts: 722 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Finally got a package price that was acceptable to me, nowhere near the 75% £100 credit from last year, but I don't think thats gonna happen before next week anyway, and the wife was getting nervous we'd be cut off.
    12 months, Boxsets, Sports, Cinema, HD, 2 x New skyQ boxes free and install free, £52 pm, with £54 credit (thats the cost I was initially told it would be a month, making 1st month free) and 31 day cancel.
    I was waiting for 60% off which was about £48 all in, with the credit its £47, so that'll do for now.
  • Just been switched off.
    Went on to live chat and was being very polite to 'Simon'. I said I had benefitted from a 75% off, he said that stopped last December.
    Suggested I could afford 60% off and a £25 credit which had been offered to a friend. He asked me for my friends account details.
    Then he said something about waiting for an offer in the post or email - so I said sorry to have bothered you, Ill see what comes in the post.
    So I am already pricing up Humax Freeview recorders. We have Net flix and Amazon. We cant seem to catch up with the video streaming stuff so ditching sky is less of a pain than it was even 12 months ago.
  • Seeing as I got nowhere with the live chat bloke, should I also call them?
  • john-306
    Seeing as I got nowhere with the live chat bloke, should I also call them?

Try it, when that automated voice comes on asking why you are calling I just say "to cancel contract".
    When I've called (loads of times) they do have all offers/details you've been given in the notes that's left on your account anyway.
  • john-306 wrote: »
    Try it, when that automated voice comes on asking why you are calling I just say "to cancel contract".
    When I've called (loads of times) they do have all offers/details you've been given in the notes that's left on your account anyway.

Just say 'Winback team' and get put through to the team with the best offers.

And don't tell porkies by claiming your 'friend' got such and such offer as they do this for a living and are better at it than you are. :D
  • I just accepted 60% off.
  • john-306 wrote: »
    Finally got a package price that was acceptable to me, nowhere near the 75% £100 credit from last year, but I don't think thats gonna happen before next week anyway, and the wife was getting nervous we'd be cut off.
    12 months, Boxsets, Sports, Cinema, HD, 2 x New skyQ boxes free and install free, £52 pm, with £54 credit (thats the cost I was initially told it would be a month, making 1st month free) and 31 day cancel.
    I was waiting for 60% off which was about £48 all in, with the credit its £47, so that'll do for now.

How did you get Sky Q thought it was a minimum 18months?
    [
  • john-306
    How did you get Sky Q thought it was a minimum 18months?

I read somewhere someone got 12 months skyQ, I wouldn't accept 12 months TV and 18 months skyQ, and told the if I couldn't have 12 months TV + skyQ to just cancel it all, so she went off and spoke to her supervisor and stated you can have both for 12 months.
    I rang back a few hours later and had the deal read back out to me by another CA what was on my notes, it all matched up ok.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback