Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yesterday I surpassed myself.

I got some shopping in on Saturday and did the laundry.

Yesterday, I shambled round in my pyjamas, eating, broesing the internet, reading my latest cross stitch magazine and esting some more.

That's it.

Another weekend gone and nothing achieved.... :(
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    You got the shopping and laundry done and you gave yourself a chance to relax and recharge your batteries and enhance your knowledge,

Sounds like a good balance to me, so don't beat yourself up.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Gingernutty sometimes down time and rest is just what our bodies need, don't feel bad about it *hugs*

There was a permaculture show on yesterday that I popped into briefly and just did the stalls. They had lectures too but I wasn't in the mood so just picked up leaflets. I have so much reading to catch up on but I can't seem to get into it at the moment, but I have managed to get into my knitting again.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,950
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I did less than you Gingernutty. It got to Sunday evening and I realised the bacon / onion / mushroom and pasta thing I wanted to cook wasn't going to happen as I'd failed to go to the supermarket to buy the onions, mushrooms and pasta. Ended up going for a chinese takeway, which was the only time I left the house all weekend. I didn't achieve anything with the time I spent at home really, washed and vacuumed the car as I wanted to take some pictures so it can go on ebay or something, as I'm fed up with it breaking down all the time. That was pretty much it, aside from watching the cricket and F1.

Can't wander around in my pyjamas, though, as I don't own any!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,822
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Morning my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Well spent the weekend in a tent and it rained almost all weekend. AM's dad decided a 6 person tent would be best for AM and his then wife and AC :rotfl:Got to the camp site and put it up in the rain. And did not manage to kill each other . which is all good. Bearing in mind its been packed in a bag for nearly 10 years and its only the second time that AM has put it up :rotfl:

And it was first time away together as well. AM is a real adult now. We joined the National Trust as a couple. Well that makes it a serious relationship now :rotfl:

We went with some friends. So lots of drinking of cider. Have a place about 15 miles away from us that does flavored ciders. One they have is cola flavored cider. Oh my, that went down rather well. Some how we ended up leaving the cider place with 44 litres of cider :eek: There was 5 of us by the way. And came home with about 24L left!!!

Not sure about camping. Do prefer my home comforts. And it was not cheap £60 for a two nights!!! Prefer a travel lodge LOL!!!!

Got to the point yesterday when packing up. Where I said just chuck it all in. Its damp and dirty and I will wash it tomorrow (today).

So once AM has done some admin jobs. Still not changed his address on lots of things. We will be going out. But think its going to rain.

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Dandy, I have no idea how you could go about getting your daughter to eat more healthily and give herself a bit of energy but I hope you find something.

Ginger, don't beat yourself up, weekends don't need to be about achieving anything and recuperation time does us all good.

Ono, you could've been lazier, you could've ordered the takeaway for delivery :D

Calley, well done for going camping. It's not something I enjoy but IzHe really loves it so I've agreed that I'll give it a go and, as long as I don't utterly despise it, we can have a few camping weekends when the weather's looking okay.
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,950
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I don't do camping either, though if I can sell the car and get the old van MOTed and sell that, I'd like to get a newer van with the idea of one day converting it into a camper. No wet tents to deal with that way.

I would have felt quite guilty about ordering the takeway for delivery as it's less than 10 minutes walk to the shop!
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • calleyw
    Forumite
    Izadora wrote: »
    Calley, well done for going camping. It's not something I enjoy but IzHe really loves it so I've agreed that I'll give it a go and, as long as I don't utterly despise it, we can have a few camping weekends when the weather's looking okay.

Thanks Izzy. It was kinda sprung on us on monday so mad dash to book it.

Its mainly the facilities that I have issue with. Not keen on getting up and walking to the loo in the middle of the night. And I do suffer with upset stomachs. Never know when they are going to happen. But need to get a loo PDQ!!!!

Yours

Calley X

• calleyw
    Forumite
    I don't do camping either, though if I can sell the car and get the old van MOTed and sell that, I'd like to get a newer van with the idea of one day converting it into a camper. No wet tents to deal with that way.

A camper van would be lush. Tent did not leak that much. But it was cold and damp and that just seeped in to everything.
    I would have felt quite guilty about ordering the takeway for delivery as it's less than 10 minutes walk to the shop!

Nah be decadent once in a while :rotfl:

Yours

Calley

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Good news! I got a phone call today asking me to go for an assessment for the managing bipolar course, its for them to assess whether its suitable for me. Its not till the end of august but at least i have a chance of something positive coming from this :)

Moodwise since i started my anti-d again i feel ok, not too down, not too up, more level.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback