Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    WaS where are you? i hope your'e ok

I've started taking my anti-d again, felt too low without it. Should probably see my GP (in 3 weeks time)
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    JM - have a fabulous holiday!!

Deka - As others have said, give 101 a call and see what they say. Also, as WW pointed out, a lot of people don't report things like that because they presume someone else will have done.

MU - I hope you manage to get an appointment in a bit less than 3 weeks!!

I can't begin to express how happy I am that it's the weekend and that IzHe and I have very little planned. This week's been utterly manic at work, which is admittedly a lot better than my usual levels of boredom, and I'm looking forward to being able to switch off for a couple of days.

Hugs and squishes to all xx
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I feel bad.

I went to a choir concert on Wednesday and agreed with my friend (choir member) to go to a pub to listen to a band tonight.

She mentioned them on FaceAche and was enthusiastic about them so I agreed to go and meet her there.

Today, she cried off as they have an early start tomorrow and needed to get to bed early.

I went anyway. I arrived late, knew no-one else and had a drink (cola) while the bamd finished tbe first set.

And stood like a lemon being completely ignored as they played loud music and prepared for the second set.

After less than 20 minutes there, knowing absolutely no-one else and unable to hear conversation, I left.

I don't do pubs, loud music or complete strangers. :(
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Goodness, Gingernutty, don't feel bad!

It sounds like you stuck it for a lot longer than I would have done!

As you say, an environment where there is loud music does not make it easy to chat to people, even if you know them well, let alone people you don't know!

You gave it a shot!

Were the band any good?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They were OK.

Heavy on the reggae beat and all middle aged hipsters with well coiffed facial hair.

There was one token female on backing vocals.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gingernutty I think it's incredibly brave of you to go alone at all!

I took some carrier bags of clothes and books to the charity shop last week and I'm now suffering separation anxiety lol. I didn't read or wear the stuff anymore but I do find it a wrench getting rid of things!

I've been worried about DD being too skinny for a while now so I did her weight and height and her bmi is showing underweight. DH said he nails looked weird last week and I saw them today and they are crumbling and have a funny band on them which I just looked up and it can be a malnutrition thing. She sits around eating crisps and chocolates all day but very little else. I've just gone and bought some fruit and yogurts for her (she won't eat veg) so I hope that helps. I took her to the dr once before about being underweight and they really weren't interested. She's 18 now so I can't make her go, but I will try and tempt her to try more health options
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I am small and my BMI has always shown me as underweight. I guess it's whether she's in proportion, and the other signs such as the nails which could be a bit more of a concern.
    Is she interested in cooking at all, is that something you can build on?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • dandy-candy
    elsien wrote: »
    I am small and my BMI has always shown me as underweight. I guess it's whether she's in proportion, and the other signs such as the nails which could be a bit more of a concern.
    Is she interested in cooking at all, is that something you can build on?

She's a bit of a mix shapewise. She has a proper rounded bottom and although she has a thigh gap, her legs don't look too skinny. Her arms though do look quite skeletal and her spine shows at the top like a stegosaurus.

She did cookery at school and got an A at gcse, but since she left she's only made biscuits a couple of times. Funnily she will eat junk food like McDs, pizza, ice cream etc but she can only eat a child size portion at one sitting. Because she eats so little she's always tired, but then because she rarely leaves her room she never builds up an appetite.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Does anyone have any contact with WaS off this page? I hope she is ok.
    I don't like the way on the internet something might have happened to someone and their online friends have no knowledge, I've always thought that a downside of it. Sometimes people just drop off the radar :(

As far as I know she is sort of ok.
    She has been pretty unwell, though. :(

I don't think she is up to posting just yet, though.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• dandy-candy
    Pyxis wrote: »
    As far as I know she is sort of ok.
    She has been pretty unwell, though. :(

I don't think she is up to posting just yet, though.

Well big hugs to her if she reads this, and anyone else who needs them x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure