PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

35% discount

Comments

• glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It sounds like a horrible place to live. The reductions are nothing to do with the market or house prices in general....nobody wants this flat because it's in a basement, it's dangerous and probably likely to suffer difficulties selling in future.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No one has mentioned that the property details omit crucial information - the length of the lease and ground rent. So I will.
  • Lamy_2
    Lamy_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Can you clarify the address

Looks like from the Drawings on planning applications. it is

Flat 2 37 Fortess Road
    last sold £425,000 19 Mar 13

someone has been trying(last refused 2013) to get planning(2013/1070/P) to infill the parking space

That would have removed 1 and 1/2 the other skylight in the reception/kitchen room.

(some picture of the flat before/during the planning app)

There are 2 flats in the basement area and the entrance to the other(flat 1) is off the shared patio area.
    You can see the door just behind the hose tap in picture 8.

try this link for the planning
    http://camdocs.camden.gov.uk/HPRMWebDrawer/PlanRec?q=recContainer:2013/1070/P

As far as I can't tell you're right it's this one Flat 2, 37 Fortess Road NW5 1AD
    Flat, Leasehold, 2 Beds, 2 Baths, 1 Recep

Get Agent Valuation
    Mar 2013 £425,000

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/flat-2/37-fortess-road/london/nw5-1ad/25386376
    Seems like it was on the market 4 years last time?!
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Renovations/refurbishment may have cost far more than expected. Now simply trying to extract themselves from the mire.

Probably didn`t expect the market to turn so quickly.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Lamy wrote: »
    As far as I can't tell you're right it's this one Flat 2, 37 Fortess Road NW5 1AD
    Flat, Leasehold, 2 Beds, 2 Baths, 1 Recep

Get Agent Valuation
    Mar 2013 £425,000

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/flat-2/37-fortess-road/london/nw5-1ad/25386376
    Seems like it was on the market 4 years last time?!

Judging by the pics in the planning app for the side extension it was a right state, can't see any planning for the refurbish, building regs and work done could be hiding stuff.

The other flat got planning to extend the back and create a private area removing "most" of the garden.

Also looks like the side extension application was flat1 they may be the freeholder.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Personally, I have always hated what I call 'awkward' properties that have been squeezed into spaces to make them look habitable. Living in a place with airless windowless boxes for bedrooms (and bathroom) would hold no appeal for me.., but then I moved out of London decades ago. I'm not London material lol. It does suit a lot of people, obviously, but it does sound like you will be spending a lot of your time fighting planning applications just the keep the place as it is. And there's no guarantee you'd win. I wouldn't enjoy living in the same building as the people who were trying to get this planning permission.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

Shows nothing to support your crashspiracy theory. ;)
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    DoaM wrote: »
    Shows nothing to support your crashspiracy theory. ;)

Why not...?
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Because DoaM has read the article.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts