Finishing an Iva

Hi all

I am in an 6 year Iva at present and will finish in January 2019, I'm just wondering what happens then do they write to me and say it's finished or do I have to get in touch with them? Also I now have a new partner and we would like to get a mortgage together after my Iva has finished is it easy to get a mortgage after an Iva?

Thanks. Xx:beer:

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You don’t need to do anything.

When your IVA completes and your IP has wound up the bank account, and distributed the proceeds, you will be issued with your certificate of completion (not as grand as it sounds, just a single A4 slip of paper).

By that time it should of come off your credit file, so your report will look a lot better.

Just be aware it can take a while to get your certificate, 12-14 months is not unheard of, it depends on a lot of factors.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure