Starting over...

Comments

• ladymay
    ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning :wave:

Got a second wind last night and managed to crack on with more of my jobs, this is what is left:

- Clean bathroom
    - Contact event company to confirm work details next month
    - Chase up refund
    - Pack suitcase :D
    - Create 'moving country' event on FB
    - Make sure everything I need next week is in the online drive
    - Go over set lists
    - Learn two new songs
    - PAD Already done, £5.52
    - Two gigs

Last day before some fun time!!
    2019 Aim: Save £10,000
    Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now
  • ladymay
    - Clean bathroom
    - Contact event company to confirm work details next month Done, still waiting on confirmation though
    - Chase up refund I fear I may have a battle on my hands
    - Pack suitcase Done
    - Create 'moving country' event on FB Done
    - Make sure everything I need next week is in the online drive Done
    - Go over set lists Done
    - Learn two new songs Done
    - PAD Already done, £5.52
    - Two gigs Done

Right! Flights in four hours, I'll double check my packing and I'll be heading to Gatwick!!

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
  • ladymay
    At home in sunny, cold Devon. It's been an interesting few days...

- I appear to have acquired a boyfriend! My oldest friend, in fact. It's really exciting but I'm nervous about getting involved with someone again.

- I have two venues already confirmed for bookings next year so there is definitely a market here for jazz/vintage music :j

- Living with mum is going to present some major challenges: I've got a box room and already feel quite claustrophobic, I'm allergic to her dog's dandour (she's a husky/malamute cross so there's a lot of it!), there's no parking space etc... it's all stuff I'll get used to but it's a big change.

- Just got an email from the wedding fair lady apologising for not getting back to me and that the refund will happen next month! I run a small business myself so I totally get cashflow problems, as long as I know it's coming in and when I'm happy so that's a weight off my mind.

- I still have so much to doand my stress levels are starting to rise!
  • ladymay
    Gah! Phone died last night so that's an extra expense today (on top of spending too much the past week :mad:) off to try and get a Black Friday deal. I need to get a contract in the uk anyway, hopefully my credit score will be good enough to get one...
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My phone won't last much longer, I'm trying to hold out as long as I can with buying a new one as I really like my contract only costing £9 a month! How exciting on the boyfriend front! I know what you mean about worrying about getting involved with someone, dating is so hard and complicated, I wish I could meet someone where it was just easy.

How long are you planning on staying at your mums? I couldn't go back home now, especially considering I have the small to think about but financially it would be a hell of a lot easier!
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • ladymay
    Well I couldn't get a phone contract! The woman who served me warned me as soon as I gave a foreign previous address that it'd probably reject me. But the phone I wanted had £100 off so I ended up buying it outright. Big spend but it's one of the best for recording video which will be helpful for work.

DFD I know! It feels great being with him and he's just about the only guy I trust but I'm still a bit nervous. It's all so convenient - he knows my weird family, he's in the same business and he's always wanted us to get together - and I'm not entirely sure I trust my own decision making (I got it pretty wrong last time!). But we'll see how it goes.

And as far as living with my mum goes, no longer than six months. I know moving back in doesn't hold the stigma it once did, but it still feels like a massive step backwards...
  • DebtFreeDuo
    All you can do is go with it and see where it goes. I know what you mean about decision making, mine really couldn't get much worse in that department!

Ah you may come across a few problems there with credit but then that won't be a bad thing as you won't then become dependent on it.

I know it must feel like a step back but its not, you are moving forward with your life and not backwards, this is a temporary measure to help you with that move forward.
  • ladymay
    Thanks DFD,

My stress levels are rising again - this always happens when I'm away from work for too long. I can't get hold of my credit score because of living abroad, times like this I get angry with my ex all over again. And angry with myself; every time I suffer even a tiny set back for changing everything to be with him.

And my phone bill has suddenly doubled and I need it for another five weeks. Every time I feel like I'm getting back on top of things financially there's a hiccup!

I just need to get back and redo all my sums. I'm trying so hard to make this all work!
  • DebtFreeDuo
    Don't stress, at the moment your score doesn't matter and your score is meaningless anyway, its more what is actually in your credit file that is important. If you have been repaying your debts on time etc then I'm sure it is just your address that is a current problem. This is just temporary and it will sort itself out shortly.

We can't change our past so don't be angry over it, just concentrate on your future. Could you maybe go for a pay as you go for the last 5 weeks to save money? or a rolling sim only deal and transfer your number over?

It will all work out, just keep at it.
  • ladymay
    Feeling a bit more positive today, although I'm concerned that my anxiety has started to sky rocket whenever I feel even slightly out of control. I wasn't like this before the break up...

At the airport now, my flight's in a couple of hours so I'm treating myself to some noodles and tea :) I'll get home around 7/8ish so I'll need to sort out the washing for tomorrow, update all my finances and send out my invoices for the upcoming week!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family