GMAC RFC Mortgage

Options
I had a mortgage with GMAC RFC in 2006-7 and haven't had any notification from them about PPI or any other financial compensation from them since I've moved house, I have tried ringing the number on MSE website and this doesn't receive calls. How do I contact GMAC for redress? I do not know my mortgage account number but know they sold my mortgage on to GE Money Home Lending and again sold on to Skipton Building Society or North Yorkshire Mortgages eventually ending up with TOPAZ/ How Do I find out if I am due recompense?

Thanks

Gadget_Dave

Comments

• Joe66
    Joe66 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Did you get anywhere with this?

That's quite bizarre as I also had a mortgage with them between 2004 - December 2007 but it was not moved to anyone and I ended up redeeming with them direct. Maybe there was a period of transition. I have been trying to contact them also without success. I have a different problem in my beef is with them and no one else, so not sure if that's it for me...
  • Joe66
    Joe66 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    I have followed this up. Paratus AMC is the company you should be dealing with. From 1st Feb 2011 they took over from GMAC. Go onto the FCA website it's all there in the company searches piece
  • Ihall
    Ihall Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I too had a mortgage with them. They repossessed my house after being £1800 in arrears (3months). They never offered any help to me or my family just threw us out on the streets then sent me a bill for £48,000. My partner and I had to declare bankruptcy and have been paying for it ever since. Is there anything I can do?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ihall wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do?

Presumably you attended the court hearing and presented a defence?
  • Shaneyspatch
    Options
    Hi could anyone tell me if they've had any success with reclaiming unfair mortgage fees/charges from late payments to gmac? I had a mortgage with them from 2003-2007 and got into difficulity paying the mortgage so consequently had many late/unpaid charges. I know they were fined back in 2009 for excessive charges for late payments etc and had to repay back these unfair charges to their mortgage customers (i had moved out of old address so never got no correspondence) I have just started a ppi/unfair charges claim with the template letter on here and just wondered if anyone has done the same? Thanks
  • Wade8888
    Options
    2001 i was a first time home owner , i received the key to the house about two weeks later , a letter comes in the mailbox . That I'm $3000 dollars behind. On my mortgage. I just got the keys to the house . a called GMAC Mortgage they told me to disregard the letter and i did , everything goes downhill from there. Years later having to fight to save my house . i need help to prove they wronged me . Any advice Md .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure