Jolly's new start....another diary!!

Comments

• mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Jolly2009 wrote: »
    Think I will be joining the NSD challenge, just finding my way around this site and it's different threads at the mo.....there is so much! Kinda excited actually, am I weird?!

Nope, loads of us get like that :D
  • Ok, I really must get off this site now and finish tidying up my flat....only bedroom, spare room and bathrooms to go. Have to work tomorrow so must do them before I go to bed as don't want to be spending Christmas Eve cleaning now do I.

Finding reading threads really inspirational, hope some of it rubs off on me. Have joined the £2 savers club (awaiting number) can't do sealed pot as OH and I already do this as a joint thing towards something together....can't make him suffer all my dfw madness can I. So £2 coins it is - can't wait!

Right cleaning is calling........
    No spend days for March = 3
    Money to joint savings 2009 = £100.00
    Money to personal savings 2009 = £0.00
  • How did the cleaning go Jolly? :D I noticed you posted in my thread, so you must've taken a break/finished!

I'm still overwhelmed and excited by the amount of info there is on this site... its all positive and that's got to be good hasnt it? haha.

Sorry to hear you're working Christmas Eve... :( There should be laws against it! One day, when I'm a millionaire, I'll pay the government to enforce these laws :)

xx

p.s. I forgot to mention, if you're looking at ways to increase your income, check out the up your income forum... I've just signed up the Slice the pie... You earn money for reviewing music! You can also earn a tiny weeny amount each day from doing free scratch cards. Not much, but it doesn't cost you a penny, and you can win anything from an extra 10p, to £100!
    March 2016 - Barclay Card: £7,213.82
  • This site is becoming addictive already! You're right, I did take a break from the cleaning :rotfl: to log back in - and a cuppa.

Finally finished it all now, flat is sparkling ready for Christmas. I wouldn't mind but I am not even having dinner here but there is just something about waking up to a nice tidy house on Christmas morning don't you think? It'll be the first full Christmas day that OH and I spend together since we have been together too (he works shifts) so very very excited :j

Thankfully tomorrow I get to work from home, so I guess that's a bonus but have loads to do so not that enjoyable. Thanks for the tips re extra pennies, I am logging in after Christmas armed with a notebook to write notes....so much to take in:o

I'm very excited about 2009, feel like a little kid at the minute. Think it's because it's the first time I have really set my mind on sorting things and this site is pretty great at inspiring us dfw don't you think?

Take care, xx

P.S - hope you manage that lottery win!!!

• Ok, today I must aim for another no spend day and to actually do some work whilst at working from home and not spend my entire day reading and posting on here. Not sure I'll be able to resist the temptation, becoming quite addicted already :o
  • Hi Jolly2009,

Just popped in to say hello and I'll be reading your diary with interest.

Well done on what you've achieved so far, keep going and you'll get there in the end.

Tea
    x
  • Thanks Tea - I am certain if I keep up on this site i'll be debt free sooner than I would without it.

Only a few more hours to go and I am free from work to enjoy the festivities :j
  • Woo hoo another no spend day :j Also put my first £2 away :j

I'm easily excited, must be a combination of finally feeling positive about money and the fact it's Christmas tomorrow!!

Sat chilling with a glass of wine and can't wait until tomorrow - lots of present under the tree to take to the family - can't wait!

Probably won't log on over next couple of days as away from home but just wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas xx
  • Ok not sure whether I have posted in the wrong place or another thread or whether I have dreamt that I posted.....am sure I did but I can't find or see that I have.....maybe I am just delerious from all the festive food and drink :confused:

Anyhow.....time to start back on the being good and my quest to becoming debt free :j

Have a full day to myself tomorrow so am going to go out in the morning and treat myself to some new bits from the vouchers that I got for Christmas and then when I get back in the afternoon it will be organising - planning - sorting and setting myself/getting ready for my 2009 quest to basically sorting out my life.....part of me nervous as don't want to fail :o and at the same time excited about the prospect of my life being completely different this time next year if I work hard enough.

Anyway, probably enough yapping from me - do far too much of that. Will post again tomorrow.
  • Back to work today :( Mind you it was only today and now I am off as away for New Year with friends in cottage (all paid for by lovely OH) so isn't costing me either - bless him.

Have been making an effort to start getting organised and on my way to reducing my debt..... so far today

1. NSD - :j
    2. Registered for nectar points card. Don't have one and can get points through our energy supplier :D
    3. Finished all the washing (including handwash items) and dried in flat without the tumble dryer. That's got to save some pennies if I do it more often, doesn't it?
    4. Packed for NY trip to cottage - can't wait:j
    5. Spruced the kitchen, OH just needs to take the rubbish out. It's far too cold out there for me!!
    6. Made decision that all boots points collected from now on are for Christmas 2009 - have told OH that he must buy his toiletries from there from now on and use my card....he was slightly confused but I said it will benefit him come crimbo 2009 and that was all that was needed.

Now I need to do lots more but running out of time today - I need to get more organised and keep on top of things. Still researching this lovely site and enjoying everyones threads :D

Right off to read some more and hopefully be back and raring to go after a new years break - come on 2009 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills