Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• aah
    aah Posts: 520 Forumite
    they are uttlerly hopeless, a similar thing happened to me. I had to make a complaint. But i got my £250
  • aah
    aah Posts: 520 Forumite
    Check with the water company - it is possible that B refused to pay it - this is what happened to me
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    central wrote: »
    Email this morning
    £250 hits the account this morning
    £250 transferred out
    Switched to HSBC for another £150 + £50

I remember wincing at Martin's attitude some time ago when highlighting a new credit card. Take it out, buy a banana, get the reward and cancel the card. That is possibly more ruthless than anything else he has said.

While I'm sure the proposed action above will go OK, it still seems a bit 'not nice'. We expect a fair attitude from banks etc. Maybe I'm too soft, not that that has got in the way of getting most rewards along the way!
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    schiff wrote: »
    You could think of telling the water company what happened and what it cost you. An explanation of why they cancelled the DD having accepted it once already is the crux.

I thought about it but it seems a waste of time as they are already consistently voted the worst water company in the country so they are not likely to do anything about it.
    aah wrote: »
    they are uttlerly hopeless, a similar thing happened to me. I had to make a complaint. But i got my £250

Did you complain to Yorkshire? The lady I spoke said she would see if they could override it but later phoned back to say that still refuse to pay out :(
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    jaxkesa wrote: »
    I thought about it but it seems a waste of time as they are already consistently voted the worst water company in the country so they are not likely to do anything about it.

What have you got to lose? With respect you're too philosophical about it, £250 is a lot of pennies!
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My switch was on the 8th and the £250 is in my account now. It wasnt there this morning and I have not received an email.

Easiest £250 in a while.
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    No email for me but I just got a high balance alert text that the money's there (switch on 8/11). Yippee :)
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Also switched on November 8 but nothing in my account as yet.

Hadn't turned on alerts for higher balances but have done so now and will chase them up next week if there's been no joy.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • andi2
    andi2 Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I switched 7/11 - email & money yesterday.

Hubby switched 8/11 - nothing yet.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • anna42hmr
    anna42hmr Posts: 2,844 Forumite
    20aday wrote: »
    Also switched on November 8 but nothing in my account as yet.

Hadn't turned on alerts for higher balances but have done so now and will chase them up next week if there's been no joy.

Same here nothing for me yet and I switched on 8november too. Just checked in case following the prior posters post about getting it but no email.
    MFW#105 - 2015 Overpaid £8095 / 2016 Overpaid £6983.24 / 2017 Overpaid £3583.12 / 2018 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2019 Overpaid £2583.12 / 2020 Overpaid £2583.12/ 2021 overpaid £1506.82 /2022 Overpaid £2975.28 / 2023 Overpaid £2677.30 / 2024 Target: £1800, £572.15 overpaid as at March so YTD = £355.88 Total OP since mortgage started in 2015 = £34,178.29
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure