Regular Savings Accounts Article Discussion

Comments

• mgarl10024
    mgarl10024 Posts: 643
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ColdIron wrote: »
    It's a bit weird. I opened the Matchday E-Saver on 27/02/17 and received interest on 11/03/17. It will still be open on 11/03/18 when I'll get more interest and when it matures on 20/03/18 I'll get a bit more again

I'm not sure that you get the interest on maturity.

When I asked the question, I was told
    I confirm interest is paid on 11th March. Once your account matures, interest will be paid upon closure/transfer.
    So I am expecting the account to mature into something low paying, which I'll then request closure of to get the final interest.

Am very open to correction/clarification.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 8,790
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You are correct, the rate drops on the maturity date which will be precisely the same as my closure/transfer date :)
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 228
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    dekkard wrote: »
    The MSE Regular Savings accounts page has a calculator on it but does anyone know of a site that has a calculator that shows the effect of drip-feeding a lump sum from one account into multiple regular savings accounts?

I'm answering my own question.

This site shows the results of drip-feeding into multiple regular savings accounts. But only those accounts currently available - you can't select your own parameters.

https://www.bankaccountsavings.co.uk/calculator
  • EXSUDBURY
    EXSUDBURY Posts: 19
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    According to another website the Saffron Walden Building Society is offering 3.5% fixed for 12 months available in branch or by post. Surprised this isn't listed by you.
  • dekkard
    dekkard Posts: 228
    Forumite
    EXSUDBURY wrote: »
    According to another website the Saffron Walden Building Society is offering 3.5% fixed for 12 months available in branch or by post. Surprised this isn't listed by you.

You can contact the MSE admin people about this by emailing: [EMAIL="brokenlink@moneysavingexpert.com"][email protected][/EMAIL]
  • margf
    margf Posts: 183
    Forumite
    Is this the Saffron account?

https://www.saffronbs.co.uk/savings/display.product/?categoryID=5&category=fixed-term&productID=g2

You can open this account at any of our branches. If you're an existing Saffron Building Society customer† you can also open this account by postal application.
  • EXSUDBURY
    EXSUDBURY Posts: 19
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have been in email contact with a very helpful advisor but it is not possible to complete online, only via branch or post.
  • chaotic_j
    chaotic_j Posts: 453
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hello,

I opened two Virgin Money regular savers (store versions) yesterday, paid into each with the Virgin Money sort code and account number as per the information handed over after accounts were opened..

Quoted in the reference my account number - both payments have been returned the same day.. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    chaotic_j wrote: »
    Hello,

I opened two Virgin Money regular savers (store versions) yesterday, paid into each with the Virgin Money sort code and account number as per the information handed over after accounts were opened..

Quoted in the reference my account number - both payments have been returned the same day.. what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Wrong sort code / account numbers? Amounts too high?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Forumite
    chaotic_j wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks.
    I don't have the store variants, but for my online regular savers I don't remember completing the reference field?

But my guess is because you opened them on a non-bank working day you'll need to wait until perhaps Tuesday, ie after Monday night's processing has completed. Then again you may be OK Monday? Please feed back when you find out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback