Bank Charges

Is there such a bank account were you don't get charged for being overdrawn? I am currently with First Direct and have a £2000 overdraft. I go overdrawn every month, however never up to my limit (Nowhere near). My wages go into my account monthly and easy clear my overdraft and still leave me with plenty in the bank. I get charged interest every month (I presume for being overdrawn), but I would love an account that is understanding to my lifestyle of being overdrawn and not having any fees.... Is there such an account, am I doing something wrong with my current account or am I living in 'Cloud Cuckoo Land?'....

Comments

• Hobo_2
    Hobo_2 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Yes, but only £250 O/D Cahoot, A&L do up to £2500 O/D for a yr + free worldwide travel ins ( ski pay extra) £25 for apply online + £50, PM me
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Exactly why do you go overdrawn every month? Overdrafts aren't a problem if you stay in credit and it sounds like you have a budgeting overdraft problem not a debt overdraft problem, so stay in credit.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • kirkie_2
    kirkie_2 Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Xbigman wrote:
    Exactly why do you go overdrawn every month? Overdrafts aren't a problem if you stay in credit and it sounds like you have a budgeting overdraft problem not a debt overdraft problem, so stay in credit.
    Regards

X

You should be an accountant!!!! :beer:
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    kirkie wrote:
    You should be an accountant!!!! :beer:

Why?

I might have stated the obvious but there is a big difference between poor budgeting and being in debt. Trying to save money on an overdraft when you aren't really in debt is not addressing the problem.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income