Seriously Annoyed!

My bank (Royal Bank of Scotland) has recently been very annoying and im about to blow my top, in a cool, calm and collected manner via a politely but firmly worded letter of complaint.

In essence, I have been trying to organise an overdraft extension for weeks, which has been approved, for weeks. However, after numerous unreturned phonecalls, both to my 'home' branch, local branch, and telephone banking, It has still not been applied. My local branch has been wonderful, and has been calling the branch on my behalf, after several occassions where I have been told the overdraft will be on that night, and fails to materialise, and then I go into my local branch after not being able to withdraw money, and Lovely local branch calls stupid home branch, and they (again) promise it will go on, and let me withdraw money over the counter in the interim so I dont starve.

Anyway - The crux of the matter is the complete ignorance, incompetance, and serious failure of service from my home branch, and now need to make some complaints. BUT - Where do I send it to?? Does anyone know of someone's name and address who is senior, who will actually sort this mess out?

Im looking forward to the replies, and I assure you, I will be moving banks when the rest of the nightmare that has been this week is sorted! I simply want to vent at the bank to make them do what they keep promising to do!

Jo xx
#KiamaHouse

Comments

• Willsnarf1983
    Willsnarf1983 Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    you could write to the manager of ur home branch and tell them that u expect a satisfactory reply other wise you will write to their superior and keep going up the chain untill you find the answer your looking for

Will
    SShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Fatboy_NSS
    Fatboy_NSS Posts: 546 Forumite
    Agree with Willsnarf that writing to your home branch manager is the best first option. If this doesn't work then ask at any branch for their "Terms of Business" document which will detail how to take a complaint further.
  • waterbaby
    waterbaby Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Make sure that you ask for compensation, for the stress and inconvenience they have caused you, and for the time that you have had to spend trying to sort it out.

I did this, advised by a lady that I know that works in banking (not a call centre person, someone with her own portfolio of customers and the authority to lend £500,000). She told me they would give £50 'just like that'. I got £30.

Don't tell them that you are moving banks. Otherwise there would be no point in them compensating you. You could say that you are considering moving, but let them think that they have a chance to keep you. Then wait and see if you get anything before you do actually close it.
  • miller
    miller Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    you could write to the manager of ur home branch and tell them that u expect a satisfactory reply other wise you will write to their superior and keep going up the chain untill you find the answer your looking for
    Write "private and confidential" on the front of the envelope. There might then be a slim chance of the manager actually opening it.

I have seen customer service staff opening letters addressed to the manager that do not have this, having had the misfortune to spend a week in a bank on work experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure