Always Packing Really Inexpensive Lunches - Apr 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread

12345679»

Comments

• 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening

Tomorrow I have left over pulled pork for lunch with 2 slices of bread and a packet of discos.

Tuesday will be SW style KFC chicken with salad and then back to frozen sandwiches for the rest of the week :)

I really like taking my lunch to work with me. It's 'normal' now.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    32b3, I think you need to give us a pep-talk lol (AKA a kick up the jacksy)
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • kittiej
    Hello LTWers out there :T

Well I took cup-a-soup today but I'm not sure if I liked it or not, I'm still undecided so I think I'll have peanut butter sarnies tomorrow instead :j

I need to get more cheese and pickle :D
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • Twiggy_34
    Twiggy_34 Posts: 685 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2013 at 9:34AM
    i managed to take lunch 3 days out of 5. i was feeling really off key at the end of the week and pretty much went work, and straight home to bed.

Think this week may be a write off as don't have much in, but we will see.

Any ideas for cous cous?

Hey Curlywurly (Oops, I think I ate one of your relatives on Tuesday! :eek:).

Hope you're feeling better now. I've copied in a suggestion from Happy Bunny a week or so ago for you which isn't to my taste but might work for you. Personally I'm used to a bland diet so I just mix in cold seasoned chicken and strong cheese while the cous cous is still warm & really enjoy it like that. I freeze bags of prepared chicken & cheese as well so it makes a good emergency lunch as I just have to pour cous cous into the bowl, throw in a frozen bag and put the lid on. By lunchtime it's well defrosted.
    Curry powder or paprika is nice mixed in cous cous, ideally with fried courgette or pepper but is ok on it's own with lemon juice or olive oil :)

So, I managed to blag another free lunch this week as I had training to go to and lunch was laid on. I had prepared lunch as a back up because I'm so fussy and often go hungry but didn't need it so had it yesterday instead. I know I'm going to be naughty today as I am meeting my aunts for lunch at the garden centre, but I might just have a cake and a cold drink and still have a cup a soup here. I'm on holiday next week so tomorrow will be my last LTW opportunity for the month, since when did April go so fast?! Roll on pay day on Tuesday though, it's very much needed right now!
    £12k in 2019 #084 £3000/£3000
    £2 Savers Club 2019 #18 TOTAL:£394 (2013-2018 = £1542)
  • thanks for the idea, i might try that.

i managed to take lunch twice this week however i'm not sure it is working out any cheaper by the time i've bought all the salad in and stuff.
  • Count me in.

Although, I can safely say I won't be trying some of those sandwich combinations. Bananas are not supposed to go in sandwiches :)
    really???:o
    i love banana sarnies, but... i am pregnant so that probably explains a lot! (and i have GF bread as coeliac)
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening

I have taken lunch everyday this month except Wednesday when I went out for Chinese at lunch time.

Made some scotch eggs today which are syn free in SW so I may make some more to take to work :D

Hope everyone is well

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • happy_bunny_2
    happy_bunny_2 Posts: 4,488 Forumite
    Hi all,

Done ok so far,. Bought 3 so far and its normally 10 plus :). Plenty in for Monday & Tuesday so won't be an issue.

May will be better....

HB
    :beer:
  • kittiej
    Helloooo everyone :j

Well it's the last day of the month so I will post up a new thread tomorrow when I have more time :D

I was thinking of MAYke Your Own- May 2013 - Take your lunch to work thread.

Unless anyone else has a really quirky name? :)

I had freebies in work yesterday for lunch which is a good job seeing as though I was un-prepared - whoopsies :o

I'm taking a pot noodle today and already have crisps and breakfast bars in work to munch on so I'm going to be good today :A

Well done everyone, let's keep the inspiration going :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure