Should I accept Ist PPI offer!?

Options
Hi,

I have been in the process of trying to re-claim PPI back from Egg. I have had a card with them for a few years now so thought would try. I have had a letter offering me roughly £670 well not so much an offer as this is what your getting, and saying will be in my account in the next few days. Which I would have preferd a cheque as dont want to go onto my visa want to put elswhere. Should I except my first offer or send out a second letter, any advise please?

Kind Regards,
Donna :o)

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    DonnaMack wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been in the process of trying to re-claim PPI back from Egg. I have had a card with them for a few years now so thought would try. I have had a letter offering me roughly £670 well not so much an offer as this is what your getting, and saying will be in my account in the next few days. Which I would have preferd a cheque as dont want to go onto my visa want to put elswhere. Should I except my first offer or send out a second letter, any advise please?

Kind Regards,
    Donna :o)

Hi Donna

If your not happy with the offer then you can try by writing back and ask if they could consider offering a more reasonable amount.
    If this is a offer of goodwill, sometimes the offers are low.

If you still insist that this was mis sold, let them know this, tell them as you still believe this was mis sold, you have been out of pocket due to this, so you would also appreciate them refunding the whole lot of PPI you paid plus interest and want this repaid directly to you.

However hun, its entirely up to you what you want to do here, my personal opinion depends on how much difference there would be, if there was a grand or more difference I would not accept that offer, but its up to you here.

If your not completely satisfied you always have the financial ombudsman service (FOS) if they do not resolve this to your satisfaction.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family